Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Hey all,

Whats that website that compares various apple machines? i started a thread called "G3 vs G4" a while ago but can't seem to find it. My question is:

how does a maxed G3 900 iBook (640mb ram, 5400rpm hdd) compare to an older G4 800 TiBook with 512mb ram?

I'm guessing their performance in a few areas are pretty much the same now, but obviously the G4 will whip butt in specific areas (like photoshop since its optimized for G4's).

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
also try other world computing and then look at the accelerators,dig into that a little you will find they have benches comparing all kinds of macs, against macs with new upgrade cards. they show x-bench,wolfenstein,jedi knight,quake fps,photoshop and much more. Great way to compare machines and compare an upgrade card to a new machine. In these benches they showed some upgrades having higher scores then say a new 1 gig powermac.http://eshop.macsales.com try this link and go for acclerators enjoy your read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.