Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple beta development program expiry?

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,

I have signed up to the apple beta development program for el capitan on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Mini.

But my developer account expires in 20 days, Will I still be up to use the Apple development program once my developer account has expired?

Many thanks in advance

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Will I still be up to use the Apple development program once my developer account has expired?
Apple has a free developer program, you'll have access to those resources. You'll be locked out of the sections that are for paying members only.

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
Hello,

I have signed up to the apple beta development program for el capitan on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Mini.

But my developer account expires in 20 days, Will I still be up to use the Apple development program once my developer account has expired?

Many thanks in advance
You'll still be able to install new betas of OS X 10.11, as that doesn't require a developer account when you already have it installed. Otherwise, what @maflynn said.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Apple has a free developer program, you'll have access to those resources. You'll be locked out of the sections that are for paying members only.
thank you for your reply -
does this rule still apply to iOS 9 beta, does a development program exist for the iOS also ?
many thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.