Apple better get their **** together next year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dasing123, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dasing123 macrumors member

This was probably the worst iPhone launch in history. I didn't think it would get this bad, seriously.

I just hope we don't see a repeat of this on the 10th year anniversary.

2. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

3. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

4. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

Every year someone says the same thing, it will always be like this on launch days.

5. meechy macrumors 6502

Hah, it's been nearly 10 years and every year on release day they have problems. There is no doubt about it that they do it on purpose to generate more hype.

6. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

7. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I'm guessing next year will probably be worse.

8. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

More and more people order every year. It's the nature of the beast. Considering how many more people order every year, I'd say they're doing pretty well. At least the phones aren't exploding.

9. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

First iPhone launch, because this is SNAFU

10. Nozuka macrumors 68000

people seem like addicts around iphone launches...
    even though most of them have a device that is working perfectly fine and should have no problem waiting a few weeks.

11. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

100% Worse Why ?

#1. New design highly sought after for they social filter flaunt factor. Look at my new Car look at my new shoes look at my new iPhone culture.
    #2. New OLED 1440p display they just put in an order with Samsung for Millions of them. I was actually shocked they stuck with 5.5" 1080p again. But anyways they mega Hype for this new display will drive demand through the roof
    #3. If you thought buying a 7 Plus was hard. Try Getting your Hands on a 5.7" iPhone Pro next year. Or a
    10th Anniversary Ceramic $1,000 256GB Comemertive Steve Jobs Edition with luxury packaging. Word is you need to actually do 2 things. Follow Apple on Twitter Which No one does because they don't Tweet. And actually own an Original 2007 iPhone and Show it at the Apple Store and You will be Registered and Notified Via Twitter if you were selected to be honored with a Sale. Too bad the market for Original iPhones has Dried up since that leaked and it costs like $500 if you can find one.
    #4. Apple Shut out Apple Upgrade Program people this year Next year they will get Priority. If they are Eligible

So basically Next year will be Near Impossible to get anything but suckers silver 4.7 iPhone 8.
    Vs a heavily Upgraded iPhone Pro or iPhone Plus and a Nearly Impossible to Get and Afford 10th Anniversary Version.

(PS they have Pro models in their Tablets i.e. iPad Pro and MacBook Pro, iPhone Pro is next)

12. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I think too many people have set their expectations too high.

Upgrades are incremental, if you want as big of a jump as what you are looking for, you'll need to disconnect from the world for about 5 years then start poking around. It's incremental upgrades for everything always. Even the original iPhone was an incremental upgrade from Palm OS. But because it was too different platforms and many may not even know what I'm talking about it's revolutionary! It's the biggest change since forever!

Go wrestle with a 28k modem for a year, then go to 56k, it's incremental but it feels different. You want to see revolutionary, go from that same 28k modem to a 10 Gbps network.

13. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

You think a special edition phone will be $1,000? The current 7+/256 is $949. Try $1,299 at least.

14. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I don't see the abject relation to the launch?

15. sammyman macrumors 6502a

16. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Price of the 256GB was high when Apple placed its Order one of the most expensive parts is the 256GB Flash memory. It's come down since. They may shoot for a nice round figure $1,000 plus they $500 just to buy an Original iPhone to show it in store just so they can get the serial number and you can be registered through Twitter. So people don't keep re-selling and reusing the same original iPhone to get in on the process.

17. mi7chy macrumors 601

mi7chy

Face it. Companies build to order based on forecast. Plus, they're better off under-forecasting since it helps with demand versus over-manufacturing and having a glut of depreciating products taking up costly warehouse space.

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I think this was the first year where more than half the new phones being offered were unavailable at stores across the board. That's pretty awful.

Having said that, I'm most likely still a buyer next year.

19. freepomme Suspended

20. dasing123 thread starter macrumors member

Any source on this?

21. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

It was only bad because they badly underrated the fact people wanted the phone

22. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Keeping my source confidential for now I am one of few reporting it.

23. cynics macrumors G4

Sounds like BS to me...and you can't cite a source which is forum rules btw?! Hmmmmm :D

24. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever read here. And that's saying a lot.

25. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

You'll probably get an iPhone 7S and everyone will go crazy for it around here.