apple black and aluminium external keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sab150, Aug 23, 2009.

1. sab150 macrumors regular

2. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Very high about nine years ago. ;) (The original Apple Pro mouse was black only, and I'm sure you can recall the original iMac keyboards.)

Today, however, it looks like Apple is moving more towards aluminum plus white (or black...apparently they can't decide). Who knows what they'll do in the future, though!

3. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

I am waiting for this to happen but it is not easy to predict, as these peripherals don't follow a known refresh cycle. I'll wait until the next desktop refresh and if nothing happens, I'll go metal and white.

4. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

exactly.. the black keys and aluminium will fit perfectly into their new lines, i just cant believe they take so long to unify everything ..ok i can understand desktops take a while but how hard is it to fit black keys instead of white to an aready existing product to keep consistency

5. illibball087 macrumors regular

bc they are trying to figure out a way to integrated led's into it also to give backlighting in order to keep everything unified

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would say that they are going to stick with aluminum, moving to black would put them in the same category as many of the other PC makers.

7. jeenyusboy5 macrumors member

agree with what everyone else is saying but if you want one order a custom one from www.colorwarepc.com. There you can get any color keyboard and moue and computer you want.

8. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Yeah but colorware wont just paint the keys, They paint the entire keyboard.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

One could always do it themself? This would seem not to hard and it would at the most be a $60 loss, surely cheaper then Colorware.

10. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

What some people want, however, isn't an all-black keyboard, but rather an aluminum keyboard with black (instead of white) keys--to match their current notebooks (MacBook excepted).

11. akm3 macrumors 68020

I hope they ditch the mouse and release a multitouch trackpad.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The nice thing about having white keys is that you can't see the wear and tear (shiny keys) that much.

On black you can see everything.

13. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

And the not so nice thing about having white keys is we all know what happens to white colored plastic over time. Or should I say yellow.