Apple - Black Friday 2009

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iOrlando, Nov 12, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

so far I haven't seen any dedicated threads related to upcoming Black Friday (November 27) pertaining specifically to Apple.

so what are some of your guesses?

Here are my guesses:

7% - 12% off - Macbook/Macbook Pro line-up
    8%-10% off - iPod lineup including the touch
    10% off - Apple TV
    15-25% off - some Mac games, software, accessories (best deals last year were in this area) including airport express etc.
    5%-10%- iMacs/Minis line-up

stores should be packed with shoppers remaining picky and focused on what they want.

2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Based on what?

3. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I dont remember Apple ever slashing their prices on Black Friday before...:rolleyes:

4. MICMAC247 macrumors regular

MICMAC247

5. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Officially they will participate

But you will be lucky if the discount even covers tax.

There are many places online to get better deals, even with Apples paltry discounts.

6. ipodftw macrumors member

i believe they are discounting for christmas [​IMG] im not sure about black friday

7. cz9h3d macrumors member

Apple has done $100 off select laptops and desktops the last couple of Black Fridays - online and instore.

Does anyone know if this is stackable with the EPP (Employee Purchase Program)?

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It wasn't last year.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Why do we need another thread... Oh because it says "official"

Anyways, history shows you are not likely to be correct. The guide shows that Apple is very consistent.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

QFT.
    The OP decided to start a thread, throw out some random discounts that have never happened in the history of BF, and hopes that there will be some support of his theories. Instead, thinking Apple will discount that much is just asking for a bucket full of fail.

11. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Nothing. That's why they're guesses.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The problem is they are not even educated guesses, they seem to be anti-logical.

13. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

anti-logical?

you really want to know where i got my "guesses"

I wrote down in a notebook all of the discounts that i observed last black friday on the apple store online. I then calculated how much I would save and then went to my nearby apple store and bought some things.

those percentages (for the most part) are exactly last years discounts. I added a little bit more to some products to account for maybe some more aggressive sales attempts by Apple.

if thats "anti-logical" (maybe you meant unlogical) then I just dont know what logic means in this world.

and the reason i put Official in my thread is I like to keep my threads on topic and to the point. Official brings in more connotations of seriousness and passion.

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For the most part Macs are $101 off, anyone that looked at the guide could easily see that. And what passion, this seems like just another thread.

15. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Or, maybe the poster meant illogical. Just a logical guess.

16. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No, I wanted something that was in opposition to logic, not solely without it.

17. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Got it. ;)

18. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Yes, because it makes a difference if they're based on some real information or just numbers pulled out of a hat.

Which products do you think Apple is going to push agressively (and why)?

Well I suppose it's a minor point, but "official" to me implies there's some official, as in real, information. This seems as speculative as most things on MR regarding Apple's future plans.

19. Pak^Man macrumors regular

Ohhhhhh..... okay!! So from now on when I say cat "Milk", I mean "Steak".... just to convey the passion of the food preparer, and the connotation of health and animal protein content.

And by "This makes perfect sense", I mean "Bullcr@p!!!" to bring that certain connotation of talking out of one's rear-end...... so yes OP; your use of the word "official" makes perfect sense....

20. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

not that kind of passion...passion as in..i want to stay on topic...and not start talking about useful back and forth arguing (kind of like now)

i still dont get what you mean. i'm probably not smart enough.

not completely out of a hat.

laptops and ipod touch and apple tv. Those should see at least 5% discounts if not more. By cutting price, you can say apple is pushing....but dont you go thinking I am suggesting apple is actively trying to sell apple tvs..

and once again, why is it that everyone thinks i made this whole thing up out of nowhere? apple has black friday sales...and the percentages i included were pretty close to previous discounts. they werent just random guesses.

21. Pak^Man macrumors regular

But they were GUESSES!!!! Which does not make them official no matter how passionately you guessed.

BTW:

Definition: Derived from the proper office or officer, or from the proper authority; made or communicated by virtue of authority; as, an official statement or report.

http://ardictionary.com/Official/962

Nowhere does it say that the crazy man creaming "the world is ending" at the corner is officially right (though he might very very passionate about it)....

22. tbrinkma macrumors 68000

He didn't say the *guesses* were official. Read the title of the thread again. He called the *thread* official.

Now, you can argue that he's not affiliated with MacRumors, and as such he can't actually start an official thread on any subject, but if the discussion on this topic consolidates here because of the title, then it has the same effect in the end, thusly turning it *into* the "Apple - Black Friday 2009' - Official Thread".

23. Pak^Man macrumors regular

It's Official if it comes from Apple.... through a leak or news release. Now if he called it "Official Thread of Black Friday Discount Guesses"..... he'd be right.

Here's an example: I'm Guessing that the US Federal Reserve inreases interest rates to 10% next month. Is that Official policy.... NO!

And once again, unless he has official authrity to make this thread official, it as as valid as his or my guesses.... not at all. The only discussion in this thread has been the meaning of the word "anti logical".... which this titled very much is!