Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Black Friday is now just four days away, and big discounts are in full swing across the Internet and in select retail location. In this article, we're focusing on Apple accessories like the AirTag, iPhone 15 cases, MagSafe chargers, and more.

accessories-xmas.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the AirTag 4-Pack, Amazon has the tracking accessory multi-pack for $79.99, down from $99.00. This is a solid second-best price on this device, and you can get a solo AirTag for $23.99, down from $29.00.

For MagSafe Chargers, we're tracking two great deals at Amazon and Woot. Amazon has the MagSafe Charger for $29.00, down from $39.00, which is just a couple dollars off from the all-time low price on the accessory.

magsafe-xmas.jpg

At Woot, you can get the MagSafe Duo Charger for $79.99 in new condition, down from $129.00. This one is a new all-time low price for Black Friday 2023, and the steepest discount we've ever seen on this accessory from any retailer.

Lastly, Amazon has quite a few discounts on Apple's official MagSafe cases for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro. You can find every case listed below by model, and many are seeing multiple colors hitting record low prices. There's also the MagSafe FineWoven Wallet with Find My support for $47.99, down from $59.00.

iphone-cases-xmas.jpg

iPhone 15

iPhone 15 Plus

iPhone 15 Pro

iPhone 15 Pro Max

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Article Link: Apple Black Friday Accessory Sales Include Year's Best Prices on AirTag, MagSafe Chargers, and iPhone 15 Cases

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
The best prices on Apple stuff, with the exception of their refurbished store... is almost always from other retailers.

Reactions: imola.zhp

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I doubt fine woven cases will last long in their current form... I seen some in an Apple Store and damn they are rough.

Im sure they can find a better solution to have a compromise for environmentally friendly materials and longevity/quality/appearance.

Unless you like the used/worn aesthetic.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
They can’t even give those FineWoven cases away…lol
I think they would struggle to pay people to take them. I'm really surprised they got through Apples testing... unless they just thought people would accept this.

Ive noticed this on a few of their accessories too... the white plastics scratch up like crazy (see AirPods charge cases etc).

There are much better plastic finishes they could use.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
The best prices on Apple stuff, with the exception of their refurbished store... is almost always from other retailers.

Apple probably wants to try to preserve its image by avoiding too much "manufacturer discounting" which can cheapen a brand. They leave that to the retailers where discounts are more common/expected in general.

Reactions: Blackstick

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
They can’t even give those FineWoven cases away…lol

Actually, the discounts on most of the FineWoven cases shown above are not as much as discounts were on leather cases a year ago.

Last year, iPhone 14, Plus, Pro and Pro Max leather cases were discounted from $59.00 to $44.99.
The 15 Plus, Pro and Pro Max FineWoven cases here are discounted from $59.00 to $47.99.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Apple probably wants to try to preserve its image by avoiding too much "manufacturer discounting" which can cheapen a brand. They leave that to the retailers where discounts are more common/expected in general.
Apple have never discounted products in store... they give away vouchers and have student pricing... but nothing more.

I don't think certain discounts 'cheapen' a brand. I think a decent thing they could do is temporally lower a devices price when an update is imminent. Although the device is fine, when a consumer buys a device at full price and the update is available the next day... that can hit customer loyalty more than cheapening the brand.

Other companies have discounts.. and Ive never thought that would cheapen their brand.

But I think butterfly keyboards and the like certainly 'damage' the brand, absolutely.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Apple have never discounted products in store... they give away vouchers and have student pricing... but nothing more.

Over the years they have but it's rare. For example, the original iPhone was discounted $200 less than three months after launch. Apple also routinely lowers retail prices of previous generation models which could be considered a discount but, again, traditional sales and discounts are still rare. Gift cards and/or limited time trade-in bonuses is the approach Apple typically takes for "shopping events" like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I don't think certain discounts 'cheapen' a brand. I think a decent thing they could do is temporally lower a devices price when an update is imminent. Although the device is fine, when a consumer buys a device at full price and the update is available the next day... that can hit customer loyalty more than cheapening the brand.

Other companies have discounts.. and Ive never thought that would cheapen their brand.

But I think butterfly keyboards and the like certainly 'damage' the brand, absolutely.

Too much discounting can often be viewed as "cheapening" a consumer goods brand especially when that brand is considered premium, luxury, upscale, etc.

Reactions: SFjohn

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Over the years they have but it's rare. For example, the original iPhone was discounted $200 less than three months after launch. Apple also routinely lowers retail prices of previous generation models which could be considered a discount but, again, traditional sales and discounts are still rare. Gift cards and/or limited time trade-in bonuses is the approach Apple typically takes for "shopping events" like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Too much discounting can often be viewed as "cheapening" a consumer goods brand especially when that brand is considered premium, luxury, upscale, etc.
I’d say fiasco such as butterfly keyboards, overheating iPhones, dodgy screen coverings, finewoven cases, and power cables without appropriate strain relief “cheapen” a supposedly luxury brand more than discounts.

I’d not call apple a luxury brand however, they are more a premium brand. I say this because their designs are very high quality but not luxurious. Luxury is great comfort or elegance. Many of their devices are not great comfort and devices like their mice are the opposite of elegance.

Very high build quality, but definitely not luxurious.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.