Apple Black Friday Deals?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andreab35, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Hi guys!

I just returned my Rev. A MBA I received as a gift. I will be ordering a Rev. B online tonight.

However, will there be any good Black Friday deals next week? If so, do you know what kinds of deals there will be, and if the deal can be combined with a state employee discount?

If nothing's brewing for a better deal, I'll be ordering tonight with my state employee discount from a family member of mine.

Thanks for the help! :)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Please search. Apple really doesn't like to do much Black Friday nonsense. When they do, consumer computers are discounted from $51 to $101 depending on the model.

3. aa521490 macrumors regular

Best Buy is offering US$100.00 off new recent model apple computers. I thought resellers could not outdo apple retail/online. It means only one thing...apple will offer at least $100 off on Black Friday.

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

This was last years deals. I expect to see about the same this year.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh... no, it doesn't. It means nothing. Amazon and Newegg both do deals like that virtually year-round. Anyone can beat out Apple retail.

6. Vashti macrumors member

I was looking for info on this yesterday. There seem to be a lot of articles out there predicting that this year, Apple's Black Friday specials will be more substantive than in the past. I have no opinion on reliability of the sources. But try google. You'll get a lot of articles saying the same thing. It certainly seems worth waiting a few days to find out.

7. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Thank you for all of the info guys.
    I may wait and I'll see if I can search hard on Google for some more info. Thanks!

8. neilk macrumors newbie

Honestly, the Paypal $100 off + the Microsoft $200 coupon and lack of tax trumped any possible Black Friday deals. We are the proud owners of new MacBook.

9. kba macrumors newbie

Congrats, did you get it on ebay? I planned for the new Macbook (high end) for black friday but the new MBP on ebay with the discounts is about the same price.

10. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I actually talked with an Apple Genius who stated that there aren't any Black Friday sales this year.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This from people who don't know any more than we do about new Apple hardware until the day before release when they are sent their shipment for training.

12. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Seeing that there will in fact be sales this year, I guess the guy just wanted me to make a purchase as soon as possible :rolleyes:

13. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

Have somebody seen an Imac (new ones) 24 incher for less than 1400 usd, have to buy another...

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.