Apple black leather folio $49.99 Amazon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Feb 16, 2018.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

2. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I hope its a real Apple product. I've bought "Apple" cables and docks off of Amazon; instead got a knock off product from some unheard of third party seller in China.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

It’s shiped and sold by amazon

It’s real

4. Kyle4 macrumors 6502a

Too bad it doesn't ship to Canada, would've definitely ordered one.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The $50 price point only applies to the black color, the other colors are actually $100.00

Additional advice: Someone else made the comment about they have made purchases in the past and received “Knock off” products from third parties in China. Even if it wasn’t shipped and sold from Amazon, make sure you report that to Amazon, as they have a whole team that investigates any type of fraudulent product that is not as advertised as it should be. Amazon will remove those products from being listed and can ban the seller.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

Shipped and sold by Amazon doesn't mean genuine. We used to supply Amazon Rain Design M stands where I work and they stopped buying from us and started buying a knock off one from China instead. Was sold as the genuine article for months whilst we went through the legals.

7. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Shipped and sold by amazon definitely should mean genuine

If you’re paranoid beyond belief, price match at Best Buy. They honor shipped and sold by amazon price matching

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

Well clearly it doesn't.

9. thadoggfather, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

You got a fake product once that wasn’t related to Apple therefore Apple products on amazon must be fake? You think amazon direct is like eBay? They don’t ha e a reputation to uphold?

What you’re saying is beware of amazon not necessarily particularly this item. Now you’ve heeded caution to a major online retailer most people trust. Fine.

Move on

I’ve already mentioned if you have trust issues get the deal price matched locally. What more are you looking for? It seems like you just want to complain

10. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

As a supplier to Amazon I'm just stating facts. They buy products that are not always genuine. They don't care. They make money either way!

11. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Even if it’s genuine, this case isn’t worth $50. It’s I was surprised at how poorly engineered this case was when I had one, which is odd because Apple cases are usually quite well done.

Lots of better folio options out there.

12. jefffriscotx Suspended

Make sure you choose sell by amazon, not a 3rd party seller

13. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

The fake products can be sold by Amazon as well as third party sellers. That is a common misconception.

14. benz240 macrumors regular

I just ordered one, but now am reading about all of the reports that there is a serious design flaw with the case - apparently when you fold the front flap around to take a call, it covers up the noise-cancelling mic on the back (in the camera area) and causes terrible muffling of one’s voice. Debating whether to cancel the order. Anyone here have a folio case and NOT experiencing call quality issues with their voice?

15. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

I really wanted this case when I got my X. Apple took the Apple Tax to the extreme.
    These cases should be priced like normal 7/8 cases but they charge you like a 7+/8+.
    (I can't wait to see the prices when the X Plus comes out).
    And this is basically the $50 leather case with a thin cover. Is that cover worth $50 extra?

Anyway, when I saw this deal I thought $50 is a little better even though I didn't want black.
    I watched some video reviews (especially the one month later ones) and decided against it.

That front cover sag looks atrocious. I use a stand up wireless charger and if my $100 case drooped like that, I would be unhappy.

16. jwzimm macrumors member

This is precisely why I returned my folio and switched to a regular leather case.

17. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The sloppiness in the front cover also causes the screen to turn on in your pocket, because it just doesn’t fit well-which theoretically could run your battery down. It would’ve helped if they implemented a magnetic closure, but they didn’t. That, combined with the issue of the case blocking the mic, really makes me wonder how they got this design out the door.

18. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

the regular black X leather case is $36.99 on Amazon

picked that up at Best Buy instead, and price matched.

its a nice switch up from my saddle brown case

19. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I can say for certain I bought an amazing counterfeit Apple Leather Case from Amazon. Amazing that it was crazy close but not legit.

20. Binarymix macrumors 65816

I have a quick question about the black leather folio. Has anyone else noticed the inside case and leather is more of a grey than black?

Like mine is definitely two-tone.

I bought mine off of eBay by tech. reviewer so I know it's legit.

21. aj11fan macrumors newbie

Amazon changed price back up to $99 for the black folio.

22. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Still showing $49 for me but it is not in stock.

23. aj11fan, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018

aj11fan macrumors newbie

You’re right. Looks like they’ve changed the price. I’m going to see if Best Buy can price match.

Update: even though amazon states it will restock on March 7, Best Buy was able to price match; no questions asked or issues whatsoever.