apple bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natwii60, Mar 24, 2008.

1. natwii60 macrumors newbie

hi, im looking into buying the apple bluetooth headset and what attracts me to it is that it comes with another dock and i could use another with a bluetooth headset. i wanted to know how good it is, and how the build quality is. does it fit nicely in he ear? is the same size as the ear plugs? how does it sound? thanks.

2. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

easy to sync and sweet to use... BUT !!!!

it has no range.... I was so excited to get it and so disappointed that as soon as I walked 8-10 feet away it lost connection.

Returned it within 5 days

sorry to say it ... but it really was a disappointment.

3. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Range

Agree with what has been said, however the range and it falling out at bad times. I have had a few instences where it has fallen off in the car while I was on a call.

I use the Jawbone and have not had one issue and the range is amazing

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

What are you walking away from the phone for?
    Keep it in your pocket.

5. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone try the new motopure h12 headset. I'm thinking of that one or the official bt headset.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've had the Apple BT for the iPhone...

since October '07 and haven't regretted it yet. Why would you want to leave your iPhone in one room so you can talk in another? I'm certain that this BT is perfect for me and my iPhone, despite the short-range connection, it still looks nice and fits perfectly in my ear. The extra dock and USB connector are just what I need to charge at home and on the road. :p

7. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Just to answer the question that has been asked a few times above:

Being able to set your phone down on the table and walk around is actually quite a nice perk of bluetooth headsets. It's one less item to feel 'tethered' to.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'll pay a mild "premium" for some Apple products, but I got a Motorola headset for $30 that I don't really have much of a problem with. I don't get what makes the ABH worth so much more.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I hear ya'...

I picked-up my Apple iPhone BT on Craigslist for $90 OTD! :eek:

10. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

why would I walk away .... LOL

I use it at home and office. I leave my phone in the dock on my desk not on my hip. My old motorola headset would allow me to weak an easy 40 feet away without a thought or line if static.
    the apple bluetooth will work only while its right there with me. If I got up to get coffee across the room I would loose the connection. So for me it was disappointing. As well it dident go as loud so when in the car I had to have the windows closed to hear on it.
    I assure you I wanted it to work for me. The design is great and looks great.... But it just dident do what I needed.

11. iSovereign macrumors newbie

i agree with the majority here, the ABH is garbage. low end product with a high end price. i have 2 other headsets 1. samsung wep 200 and 2. jawbone. i love my jawbone and the wep200. both get amazing range and the sound quality is much better than the ABH.

and being able to walk away from your phone while on a call using the BT is the best part of having a BT.

other than that i still love apple products:eek:

12. adamjay79 macrumors newbie

I use a Samsung WEP2000 headset and I could not be happier with it. EASILY the best I have owned. I have had many Motorola's as well as the jawbone. For some reason on the jawbone, people said I sounded like crap. With my Samsung people can't even tell I am using one. I also HATE having things over my ear so the fact that it sits nicely in my ear is a plus.

13. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

I suppose it depends how you want to use it, I agree it has a limited range compared to others. But, as I only use it in the car (I think it's a bit sad using one in the street/office/home) it is fine for me.

The main thing is the extra docks, main dock at home, just throw in on when I come home and the travel cable in the office always ensure that it is charged as I always forgot to charge the mains type. Take away the cost of the two docks and cost is pretty reasonable.

Give it try and if you don't like it, take it back.

14. zetsurin macrumors regular

I bought the official headset because I liked the integration with the included dock etc. I do admit I felt like an ass paying so much more compared to other aguably more capable and cheaper headsets, but hey we all need our guilty pleasures once in a while. I love it although in practice I rarely use the thing (not a heavy enough phone user to warrant it, my iPhone is more of a pocket computer/music player as far as my usage is concerned).

15. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Wow, that's the first I've heard about the Jawbone. Everyone told me they couldn't even tell I was in my car driving around whenever I use my jawbone.