Apple Bluetooth keyboard acting funny

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Graeme43, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Hey guys! I got the Apple bluetooth keyboard just over a year ago and as soon as it was a month out of warranty, it decided to act funny :confused:

Keys such as 6 and Q W E, down arrow and the shift keys dont work any more :(

It was working fine then I left the house and came back and it had started pressing keys itself then a lot of them stopped working :( It never got anything spilled on it either :(

Any way to help this or is it screwed?

2. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

I would still take to an Apple store, if there is one nearby, and politely ask for help. If you do not have access to an Apple store, a call to Apple could not hurt.

I once had a hard drive replaced at no cost even though the machine was 5 months out of warranty. And, the replacement was a much larger drive than the original.

As keyboards are so *inexpensive* you may luck out as well. At lest a call or visit is worth a try (IMNHO).

3. mfram macrumors 65816

Have you tried replacing the batteries yet? Seriously. My keyboard bluetooth keyboard started acting a little funny once. Replaced the batteries and all the issues went away.

4. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43