Apple Bluetooth Keyboard Clone

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TWO2SEVEN, Feb 14, 2012.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

http://inlandproduct.com/prohtbluetoothkeyboard.aspx

Picked one of these up at Microcenter for $29.99

I've been wanting the Apple keyboard for a while, but since I rarely use my MacMini and don't do much typing on my iPad I've had a hard time justifying the $70 price.

I saw this one for less than half so I grabbed it. It looks very similar, however it is made of plastic, not aluminum. The keys feels a little less solid than the Apple kb, but for half the price, that's to be expected.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. It paired to the iPad and the mini without any problems, just remember to "forget" it from one device before attempting to pair it with another.

If I used a kb more often I would get the Apple model, but this one suits me just fine for now.

2. mutantblack macrumors regular

I bought my official apple kb for $50 brand new on ebay. If you can wait and find a deal, it's well worth extra 20 bucks compare to the one you've bought since aluminum vs plastics.
    I am glad you are happy with it. At least since it's plastic, it should be lighter.

3. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

You're definitely right, there are deals out there. This was really more of an impulse buy. I use my Mac so infrequently I figured this would work fine. Good find on the $50 :)