Apple Bluetooth keyboard help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jamesd123, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Jamesd123 macrumors member

Hi

I have an Ipad 1 and the Apple wireless keyboard.

When you look at the keyboard you have the main buttons like brightness, music and volume options. Are there any other buttons or combination of buttons on the keyboard which use special features on the Ipad?

Thanks

2. warghh macrumors newbie

There's the little eject button on the top right, that brings up the on screen keyboard.

3. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Is there any way of switching between apps on the Ipad using keyboard.

4. HoddzDJ macrumors member

Just have a play about and see what happens! Not like you can do any damage with it. I have a bluetooth keyboard that I used with my iPad and only really use it when blogging or typing up long articles/messages. I doubt there will be anything to switch between apps, but there might be, you never know with Apple.

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The Apple Wireless Keyboard was not designed for the iPad. It was designed for use with devices that run the Mac OS. It provides basic functionality such as volume and brightness control and can, in effect, put itself to sleep with the eject key (which results in the on screen keyboard emerging) but other than that, it's not an "iPad" keyboard.

Ironically, there are bluetooth keyboards designed to work specifically with the iPad that provide greater functionality. Logitech sells one, I believe.

6. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member