Apple bluetooth keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eyebeaz, May 29, 2007.

1. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I posted this in a related thread in the picture gallery however I don't think it is getting any views over there, so forgive me for double posting. Anyway I removed the bottom row of keys on my apple bluetooth keyboard (to clean it), and did so without turning it off (it was connected and fully working at the time). As soon as I popped the keys back on, it was not connected and would not connect. The bluetooth setup assistant recognizes it, however when it prompts me to type in the code to sync it with the computer, it says it could not connect to the device properly. Any ideas? Did I break something? The keys are back on and work the same as they did before I popped them off. Any help is appreciated thanks!

2. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Do you have them in the right order?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Shouldn't be an issue...the passcode is numeric, so it doesn't use any of the bottom keys, isn't it?

Mmmm, have you tried turning the keyboard off and then back on, and re pairing it?

The other thing is, check very carefully that none of the keys (particularly ones you put back on) is "stuck" down -- that would mess up pairing. Finally, if you have any other macs with bluetooth, temporarily turn the bluetooth on them off while you get the keyboard paired back with that Mac. Every once in a while when my iMac has been off (but not asleep, i.e. if I update it and then shut it down and don't bother with restarting it for a few days), my iBook will try to steal its keyboard and mouse.