Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by juanm, Aug 19, 2007.

1. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Hi, I have a problem.
    I used to type on my MBP with a regular-non new model-white-full-size bluetooth keyboard. A few days ago, it said that the battery was low. Now, I put a new set (rechhargeables) in it, and it won't turn on! I've checked the +/- orientation, but it's right. Am I misising something?
    The computer Bluetooth seems to work well. When I try to turn it to on, the light next to the switch doesn't work, and neither do the light on the Caps Lock key. How could it die?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did you try only one set of rechargeable batteries? Are you sure they're in good condition?

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

4. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

The set is brand new, and it has charged the whole night, so it should be ok. Anyway, as I'm typing this, there's another set charging.

5. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

Well, I've tried another set, and it doesn't work either. The first set powered my Nikon strobe actually very fast.

Does it just mean that my keyboard has plainly died? Just because the battery has run dead? Wtf? When I pay 60€ for a keyboard, I expect it to outlast any computer!
    Is there anything like a bluetooth device stops working after a few days without batteries? :rolleyes:

6. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

Nevermind. It works again... I just took the batteries out (for the 10th time) and it works now... go figure.