Apple Bluetooth mouse has annoying lag

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Noctilux.95, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey guys,

I just picked up an iMac Retina that came with the Apple Bluetooth mouse. This thing disconnects and reconnects multiple times a day and seems to have a bit of lag.
    In all fairness I've been using a Wacom tablet for years, mostly with the pen, and some with the Wacom mouse. I never noticed any lag like this.
    Any suggestion would be appreciate it.
  2. mattluke macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2011
    Do you have any USB3 peripherals attached to your mac? It is a known issue for USB3 to interfere with the bluetooth signal, I've mainly heard it with the mac mini, but i don't see why it wouldn't effect an imac as well?
  3. blulegend macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2008
    same issue here with late 2015 iMac retina. tried both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad
  4. campyguy macrumors 68040

Mar 21, 2014
    Portland / Seattle
    I've got two Magic Trackpads and one Magic Mouse for my Mini Server and rMBP, and I also use an Intuos Pro with my rMBP (I use a Trackpad or Mouse with the tablet when I'm drawing/drafting. Really.)

Agreed with mattluke on the USB3 cable thing. USB 3 cables that aren't properly shielded can wreak some havoc with BT devices - I've gone so far to buy some nice shielded cables and put the cheap cables in a box.

Also, when I'm using my tablet in wireless mode I put the USB dongle on the opposite side of the rMBP. One more - I use a Plantronics Edge UC (which comes with a BT 4 LE USB dongle for a PC/Mac for VOIP or dictation); if the iPhone rings and the Edge is connected to it, the Edge UC "lights up" my workspace - sleeping Macs wake up, or a in-use Mac goes haywire as in the cursor goes all over the screen and I've had to log out and back in, so I keep the Trackpad/Mouse as far away from the BT USB dongles and BT headset, and turn off the headset if I'm not going to use it.