Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Board Members Response to Fred Anderson

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has released a press release regarding Fred Anderson's public statement yesterday. The press release reads:

Apple Board Members Bill Campbell, Millard Drexler, Albert Gore Jr., Arthur D. Levinson, Eric Schmidt and Jerry York today released the following statement

We are not going to enter into a public debate with Fred Anderson or his lawyer. Steve Jobs cooperated fully with Apple’s independent investigation and with the government’s investigation of stock option grants at Apple. The SEC investigated the matter thoroughly and its complaint speaks for itself, in terms of what it says, what it does not say, who it charges, and who it does not charge. We have complete confidence in the conclusions of Apple’s independent investigation, and in Steve’s integrity and his ability to lead Apple.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
glad to hear that they're not going to escalate the issue by further commenting more than necessary.

Comment

Silencio

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
It's a shame it's come to this for Fred Anderson, a man whom I've always regarded as the unsung hero in Apple's recovery from the dark days.

Still seems to me that, despite the way the headlines are written, that Nancy Heinen misled Jobs, who in turn unknowingly communicated that false info to Anderson.

So far, the SEC's actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than Anderson's inferences. Guess we'll see if that remains, and I'm curious to see if anything new comes out when Heinen goes to trial.

Comment

PuckJunky

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2007
A perfect example of making a speech without saying anything. Of course the filing speaks for itself, and of course they're not going to joust with Anderson in public. None of this changes the questions about Jobs.

Comment

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Why do these Apple statement release thingies always have a schoolyard taunt kind of tone to them? It looks so goofy, coming from such a large company :)

Comment

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
It's a shame it's come to this for Fred Anderson, a man whom I've always regarded as the unsung hero in Apple's recovery from the dark days.

Still seems to me that, despite the way the headlines are written, that Nancy Heinen misled Jobs, who in turn unknowingly communicated that false info to Anderson.

So far, the SEC's actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than Anderson's inferences. Guess we'll see if that remains, and I'm curious to see if anything new comes out when Heinen goes to trial.

Well it does sounds like Nancy is planning on making a stink about Steve and she could end up hurting him to some degree.

I was surpriced that Fred was making a statement along that line, I expected it from Nancy not from Fred. I think she is the #1 we need to worry about.

SEC to my knowledge has made no comments about Steve and Apple as a whole, so they may not be done.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.