Apple bricked your iPhone? Take them to the task!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ghettochild, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ghettochild macrumors regular

What a badly bungled "launch." Apple bricked my phone and I now have to leave the house w/o a phone.

If you're in a similar situation, let Steve know: sjobs@apple.com. Also email their PR department.

Apple, how about offering to pay for some apps to make up for dropping the ball big time?

2. rayward macrumors 65816

Sent to sjobs:

I was anxious to use the iPhone apps that I purchased from you yesterday, in anticipation of the 2.0 firmware update. That arrived this morning but, because existing U.S. users were given the update after pretty much everyone else in the world had already got it, the iTunes Store was overwhelmed and couldn't reactivate my iPhone. So now, like tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of others, my iPhone is a brick.

Not having the luxury of sitting in front of my iMac all day, constantly disconnecting and reconnecting my iPhone to see if I can get something other than an error message, I have had to leave the house without my iPhone. I won't get back there until this evening. Everyone I know calls, emails or texts me on my iPhone because I don't have a home phone and I've asked them not to use my work phone or email (although I'm using my work email now because, well, you know, my iPhone is bricked).

The 2.0 firmware leaked yesterday and some people updated using it and are perfectly fine. If you'd rolled it out officially then, you would have eased the pressure on the iTunes Store and probably avoided all of this. Once again, those who follow your rules - like buying an iPhone on Day #1 and getting hosed on the price - get the red-headed stepchild treatment from Apple.

As a dedicated Mac user, I am very disappointed. As an iPhone subscriber, I am angry and upset that the services I have paid for, and continue to pay for, are being denied to me because of this screw up. As an Apple shareholder, I am concerned for the value of my investment as the iPhone has stumbled from PR disaster to PR disaster which, for a brand-defining product, is very, very bad.