Apple broke my email w iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jstevens75, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Jstevens75 macrumors newbie

I use my iPhone and iPad extensively for work. It used to bring up the most recent/ most used suggestion when typing the :to address. They took this small but critical (to heavy emailer with large address book) feature out....

Please let me know if there is some way to reactivate this.

Thanks!

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Work still for me; how did you installed ? Full restore ? it might lost the recent once and have to relearn.

3. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

It's working for me.

4. Jstevens75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I turned exchange server contacts off, then back on. Worked briefly, then it completely went away again. My guess is recent email address only works with address books under a certain size. It will pull the recent email address that I dont have in my contacts, but it wont prioritize recents when I start typing a name

5. Jstevens75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone else with large exchange address books seen this? With the huge business user push apple is taking a huge step backwards

6. Jstevens75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update. It seems to have taken sending a few emails , but it has relearned. Apple must have changed the way they cached recent emails, or deleted the cache on updating to os6 from 5.

Now for the wait for google maps, and we should be all set.

7. Jstevens75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Spoke too soon. New email bug

When I search server for older emails , the notification number on the badge of unread emails increases to what is on the server and does not reset to what number of unread emails are on the iPad instead