Apple BT Headset and Voice Control on 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justflie, Jun 15, 2009.

1. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Does anyone know if the Apple BT headset will play nicely with voice control on the new 3G S? I haven't been able to find anything about it.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I wouldn't see why not?

3. justflie thread starter macrumors 6502a

justflie

I'm sorry, I wasn't really clear with how I phrased that. I meant more along the lines of:

My phone is in my pocket or backpack. Can I do some combination of button presses or something on my BT headset to activate voice control and let me speak to the phone? In some cases, this is much more convenient than fishing the phone out of my pocket or backpack to hold down the home key while talking through my headset.

4. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

probably not

5. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

its doubtful that it will work right off the bat with various BT headphones..

but apple did allow an API for using voice control...so hardware can be designed to take advantage of that feature in the new iphone.

im already settled on the fact that I wont be able to use my kenwood head unit to control voice control (handsfree and a2dp)....but i can handle pressing the home button if i need to.

im curious if it would be possible to set the audio source as (bluetooth) and still be able to control the iphone via the wired headphone cable. then you could still keep the phone out of reach and only need to touch the small wire..
    either way, full bluetooth compatibility would be the best