Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Well, as you all know, many of the dock cables will not fit the iPhone with Apple's own bumper. I have an iPhone dock cable that connects to my car but again, the dock cable end is too "large" to fit in the iPhone with the bumper.

Instead of filing away the plastic on the bumper or the dock cable, is there an extension that will fit the iPhone + bumper to a female end where you can connect the "incompatible" dock cable to?

Thanks, Paul

DrLucky

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2011
Hi there. The link provided is dead now, of course. Does anyone know where I can find a 30 pin extension cable that fits an iPhone 4 with the bumper on?

Thanks
Kris

DavieBoy

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2009
New Jersey
The Radtech Procable Sortz Extender works great with the Apple Bumper and the SGP Neo Hybrid which is my favorite case.

It works with the Apple Video Out cable and doesn't even show that "accessory not supported" message that pops up with anything not apple.

Finally using my iPhone in my car is easy. I used to have to take off my case to plug my phone into my car. I use the Apple Composite cable in my car because I have a A/V input.

Way better than the cablejive version that they admit doesn't work with SGP or Apple Bumper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.