Apple bumper and the 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Dec 4, 2011.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Is the current apple bumper and iPhone 4s compatable ?

2. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Just to check even tho the mute button has changed slightly from the 4 to 4s it still fits ok ?

3. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

yes it does, i have one.

however i will say this. the hole for the mute button is very deep and i find it quite difficult to actually move the button. if you have really long nails then it will probably be ok, but i don't and it's quite difficult to get to it.

i also find that the volume buttons don't sit quite perfect. many times whilst taking a photo i have accidentally taken a photo but simply touching the edge of the bumper.

4. Lockon macrumors regular

There are old style bumpers floating around on amazon and other non-apple sites that only fit the AT&T iPhone 4. I believe they have a black packaging background.

Mainly, if you buy one that comes in white packaging, it's the new one.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

As others say, the mute button is in a different location on some devices-Verizon-ATT-so you need to find one that says it's compatible.

6. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

Any bumper that is now sold via Apple is compatible with both iPhone 4 and 4S.
    However see my comments regarding the current bumper on a 4S.

7. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I have it on mine. It works. As others said, beware of buying older bumpers.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

9. JagNL macrumors member

The new ones are definitely compatible, had one on mine for awhile til I switched to another case. I will echo others comments though, make sure it's not an old one as the mute/volume button area is different.

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yes new ones work work. The way to tell is the copyright date on the back. I believe if it's later than 2011 (or 2010) then it's compatible. They only changed it once, the placement is identical when the new VZ iPhone was released. However, the original bumper still work but it partly covers the mute button, but not entirely. You still have access to it.