Apple bumper and Zagg invisible shield ... is it possible??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OceanFrog, Aug 21, 2010.

1. OceanFrog macrumors regular

Ok ... got my new iPhone 4 a few weeks and decided to go wit a combo of the Zagg invisible shield and the PixelSkin HD case.

I put the invisible shield on the front of the phone ... perfect instillation with no bubbles whatsoever ... and then I left to dry for about 48 hours. I then tried to put the phone into the PixelSkin HD case. Immediately the edges of the invisible shield started to raise up and bubble. I took off the case, and managed to get rid of most of the bubbles. I tried to get the PixelSkin HD case back on, but no matter what I tried, I just could not get the case on without raising / bubbling the invisible shield.

So now I'm going to try the invisible shield with the apple bumper. Does this work well? Is it possible to get the bumper on without raising the edges of the invisible shield? Any one using this combo, and what are general experiences with it?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

As long as it's thin, it shouldn't be an issue. I put bubble wrap on the back with the bumper with no ise and that was pretty thick. Just take your time with it, slowly put the bumper on.

3. Pepsidude macrumors newbie

Yup works fine with the front and back zagg shields on. Just let them dry all the way before u try to put he bumper on or it will lift the edges of the shield.

4. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I have front and back ZAGG with a black bumper no ISSUES so far. and I have had everything since day 1 in june 23rd.

5. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I also have the zagg invisi shield on the front and back of my iphone with the apple bumper. No issues whatsover. Note that you should wait 2 days before putting the apple bumper on after applying the zagg. Putting it on earlier than that will cause the zagg to pull up at the edges.