Apple Bumper fit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RafaelT, Jun 28, 2010.

1. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I searched for this and could not find anything. If I missed it, sorry. My bumper arrived today and I like it a lot. It looks good and fixes my antenna issue.

The problem....

The bumper has just a little bit of wiggle room. The sides fit nice and tight but the top has just a little bit of a squish to it in the middle. I did make sure the edges were smoothed out correctly. Is this just how they fit or is mine a little off?

Thanks

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Mine squishes a tiny bit also, but I think it has to in order to get on and off. I have to try to notice it.

3. GameraFan macrumors regular

4. joneill55 macrumors 6502

I received a Black Bumper today and it fits my 16G Iphone 4 like a glove. Very happy with its fit. No give or wiggle at all.

This will be my case of choice until Vaja rolls out the iVolution Grip cases sometime late summer.

5. agoat macrumors regular

I used to have the squish on the middle top. But been using two days, the squish is gone. Everything seem snuggy and fit.

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

WOW, actually, I just gave mine a good squeeze, held it for a moment, and the wiggle is gone. Maybe I hadn't pressed it in enough.

7. RafaelT thread starter macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I was wondering if maybe the fit would get better over time... Let's hope.

8. bt1988 macrumors member

Mine seems to fit okay, but does anyone else's seem too large on top? Its not necessarily loose, but if you press down anywhere on the top right half it activates the sleep/wake button for me. I took it off and put it back on to see if it just wasn't aligned properly but it still does it.

9. historyteacher macrumors member

You guys that have the bumpers…in your expert opinion how are these for drop protection? As protective as say a belkin grip vue? I like the way they look...just curious about the protective quality.

10. firewood macrumors 604

My black bumper is slightly squishy on the top. If I push down on the squish near the top middle, the sleep button nearby gets pushed, which isn't what I expect.

Anyone else see this?

11. bt1988 macrumors member

I don't feel like there is much drop protection at all. There is some, but there is only so much a couple mm of plastic and rubber can do. I like it mostly because I can set it down on a surface and it doesn't slide around.

12. Andru1313 macrumors regular

My bumper fits ok. My issue is my car charger doesn't work now and my older ipod cables don't work either when I goto sync. anyone else have this issue?

13. historyteacher macrumors member

Thanks man. Kinda what i figured. Just wasn't sure. They look sweet and with a power support film on both sides I might be comfortable enough with that.

14. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

15. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I'm going to let mine sleep with some rubberbands around it tonight.

16. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yep, same problem. Even with the older Apple cables which is crazy that those don't fit in there. :confused:

17. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Mine still fits loose at the top. I had it on for two days and it never got better. Safe to say I've given up on it and enjoy the feel of the iPhone naked.

18. RafaelT thread starter macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Made an appointment at an Apple store on Wednesday, going to see what they say about the fit. I didn't pay $30 for a case that wiggles around. I expect products from Apple to be a higher quality.

19. tim100 macrumors 65816

got the black bumper today. what is it supposed to protect?

20. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I got the black one and there is a little wiggle on the sides and top. Not retold though. I'm thinking they should have made it a two piece case that slides together. That way it really could have been snug. There has to be a little give in order to get this on the phone though.

21. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

If you don't like the fit, you'll probably just end up getting a refund. They can't really do anything about the fit.

22. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You pay 30 dollars for cases from other companies that scratch the device.

23. a3silver macrumors member

Mine wiggles as well, it was just delivered today and it's clearly not of quality or worth $30. It's not even grippy on the sides at all.. Shipping it back..

24. WilliamG macrumors 604

Got mine today. No wiggling, no pushing the top of the case activating the power button, at all. I like it!