Apple Bumper for $9.90?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iDabble, Jul 11, 2010.

1. iDabble macrumors regular

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I highly doubt it's an ACTUAL Apple bumper since they have red as an option, and if it's a replica I wouldn't buy without an actual picture of the item.

3. iDabble thread starter macrumors regular

I gave it a shot, i figure i can always get my money back since it states on the website its the actual apple one sold in stores. Im just assuming red is a typo for pink. I'll let you all know when it comes in.

4. Kevio macrumors regular

Just bought a green one. It's only $10. I'll let you guys know if it's legit by posting pics and laughing at you because you spent $30. Haha only kidding, but seriously, I'll post here.

5. reliantj macrumors 6502

bought a black one. will also repost to confirm likeness of the product.

6. xmtgx macrumors regular

Was gonna order one then I saw the shipping options, China Post. Don't feel like waiting 4-6 weeks for it.. Most likely genuine though. the Red=Pink I think.

7. SCOfoshO macrumors member

how did you guys have it shipped? China post a secure way of sending?

And are either of the other option faster?

8. fender57 macrumors 6502

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You get what you pay for...

They'll definitely work, but I'd rather just fork over the money for the real deal. 10 bucks for this thing isn't far off from 29 for the real thing, especially if quality is what you're looking for.

10. herdinoh macrumors regular

those are only .99 on ebay.........whoever bought this for 10 dollars better cancel your deal now.LOL

11. Kevio macrumors regular

I'll charge back if it's not real. The description clearly leads you to believe that it is a genuine Apple Bumper. Here's the description for anyone who didn't read it.

"Apple Silicon Bumper Rubber Proctector for you iPhone 4G. As stated in Apple website improve your signal for your phone. Set of 6 Colors in this package. Sells for $29.90USD each in the apple store!"

EDIT: Oh wow, you know what? They bumped the price up to $28. Must have been a typo! Hah. In before markup.

EDIT 2: Weird. I followed another link to the website and it showed them at $28....but using the links in this thread it shows them at $9. Will look into this.

EDIT 3: There are 2 postings of the bumper on their website. One is $9 and the other is $28. Odd. Also, there is a review for the $9 case that says it's a genuine Apple Bumper. Not sure how much stock I want to put into that, but it's there.

12. reliantj macrumors 6502

ooo man if that **** isn't a real bumper i'm gonna be pissed.

it's like 800am in china now so i hope they reply to the email i sent regarding the authenticity of their product. if it's fake they better cancel my order.

13. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

14. Kevio macrumors regular

15. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I don't believe it is the apple bumper, you can send them email and call your credit card to stop it.

16. fender57 macrumors 6502

For starters, there are no metal buttons that I can see on the pictures from the auctions.

17. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

Well I ordered two...but that was before all of these post... I have since sent a note with my order to have them cancel it and issue a refund. I will wait till the op gets theirs and post a pic or confirms that it is the real thing.

18. reliantj macrumors 6502

how did you contact them?
    i need to contact them as well.
    i just emailed.

19. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

When you login to view your order status you there is a spot to attach a note to your order. I just put it in there to cancel the order and refund my money. If it doesn't work I did pay via paypal so I will have some buyer protection. The silicone bumpers that they have on their ebay store have almost the same description to the ones on their website but the website does show the apple ones in the picture. If they dont cancel my order and send me ones that are not actually the apple ones pictured then I will have paypal pursue them for my money for false advertisement.

We will see what happens.

20. reliantj macrumors 6502

hm. i never created an account. but i did pay through paypal. i took a screenshot of the page with the statement of it being like the apple bumper. these guys better not cause me any grief.

21. Kevio macrumors regular

I also paid with Paypal. Figured I'd just file a dispute against them if it's not the real thing. I have always been able to get my money back when these kinds of things happen, so I'm not worried about it.

22. Kevio macrumors regular

Case closed. The bumper is NOT the official iPhone bumpers. They already sent me my refund.

rom gadgetdeals@ymail.com
    reply-to gadgetdeals@ymail.com
    to Kevin Warren <kevio2005@gmail.com>
    date Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    subject RE: Apple iPhone 4G 16GB 32GB Bumper Protector Silicon Rubber
    signed-by ymail.com
    hide details 10:47 AM (29 minutes ago)
    HI there,

No they are similar but not made by apple. We will send the refund to you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Koh

www.gadgetdeals.biz
    tel: +65 31505083

23. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

I didnt create an account at first but I did the password reset and it sent me an email with a new password and then I was able to login and view my order.

I have also gotten my refund via paypal.

24. reliantj macrumors 6502

so i sent them an angry email bringing up false advertisement and they refunded me my money.

guess they aren't like the apple bumpers. better get your refunds!