Apple Bumper or Incase Snap case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 301finest, Aug 31, 2010.

1. 301finest macrumors regular

Which would you prefer for and why? I Have both of them but only need one. Im constantly switching between the two.

2. bt1988 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have both as well but haven't used my Bumper since I got the Snap because the snap works with my accessories. (i.e. car's iPod adapter)

3. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

ok. How about drop protection? Do you feel as if it has better protection than the bumper ?

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I'd prefer the bumper because it adds more drop protection.

On the other hand, I'd prefer the snap because my 3rd party accessories fit.

Depends on your needs.

5. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

Well I have 3 OEM apple USB cables so thats not a problem. I'll try the bumper for a week or two. The snap case felt great and is very slim

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

The bumpers

Pros: Metal buttons. Decent look with rubber.
    Cons: 3rd party accessories won't work. It doesn't cover the back. If you drop it, it is very vulnerable. If you want protection, then look elsewhere.

Incase Snap

Pros: It's clear. You can see your nice metal band. It comes with Stand
    Cons: It's plastic. It's plastic. It's plastic.

7. Macmar88 macrumors member

Snap case fits great and feels awesome, but after two days of using it this case was scratch to S*!#T!!!... If I bought this case i would demand a refund. If you have the choice don't get clear get smoke. Oh well thanks :apple:... The bumper is a pretty good case. The only downside was the back being expose even though that was the best thing about it to me. So there really isnt much choice to me. Apple Bumper > Clear Snap Case, but Color Snap Case (Doesn't yet exist) > Apple Bumper.

8. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. FYI I have the smoke snap case. It's nice, but the bumper gives it a better appearance with the added protection. T

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I have several Apple chargers too, but only the new ones fit (smaller white housing without the two little push buttons on the side). You have to take a Dremel to the older ones to get them to fit. Yay Apple!

10. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

Yea Im lucky enough to have the short neck ones. But Im currently rocking the Bumper/Zagg combo. I love it

11. bt1988 macrumors member

I feel that the drop protection of the Bumper is definitely better since there isn't any protection on the top or bottom with the Snap, plus its rubbery-ish, but I guess I'm taking my chances. I haven't really been rough on any of my previous iPhones, though :). I do like how the Snap feels in your hand better. I never really liked how the back of the phone was recessed with the Bumper, it just felt... wrong.

12. calvy macrumors 65816

Having dropped and broken my iPhone 4 while it was in a bumper, I feel like the protection it offers is complete crap and therefore completely equal to the Snap case. I've got the smoke snap case as well, and that's what I'm using. I don't pretend to think it's going to protect the phone if I throw it across the room.

13. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I used to use the bumper. I didn't like how the back was open even with a skin on the back. Once my incase snap "smoke" came in the mail. I put it on, it didn't fit. I took off my rear and side skins. The incase, fit perfect. This is the only case I'll be using. The matte like finish on the snap feels great.

14. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. All you guys opinion helped me decied that I going to use the snap case

15. enigma2k macrumors regular

Does the snap case work with the BSE skin on the back?

16. 301finest thread starter macrumors regular

^^^^ Yes. I have a fully body and it fits perfect. It might push your corners up a bit on the back

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Being that I have both I say snap.

Snap Pros to me:
    Thinner
    works with any type of audio / sync cable
    doesn't interfere with shield should you use one
    completely covers the back

18. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Any updates for this thread? I'm now using the bumper with full zagg.

19. calvy macrumors 65816

What updates do you want? Dump the bumper and get a snap.

20. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Well i just to the bumper and back zagg off and put on the incase smoke. It's great and makes the phone stay it's original size , the bumper made it a tad bigger. I think I get more protection from the incase.

21. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i would say the bumper has more protection on the edges but you can use third party plugs in it the incase snap is a pretty nice case, it is pretty expensive though you can get the insipio feather which is like same thing for 15 dollars less and it comes with screen protectors. i have a review up of the incase snap and one of the feather coming soon on my review site linked in signature if you want to check it out.

22. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I used to use the bumper, got the Incase snap and never gone back. Great case.

23. slapppy macrumors 65816

Tried the snap, but it doesn't want to fit in completely if you have a screen protector on the back of the iPhone. It just won't sort of hangs there, but not quite completely....

24. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Take the back off and it fits like a glove. I really did not want to take my back zagg off but I did and the snap is now perfect so I get a little more protection than a back skin.

25. slapppy macrumors 65816

But there are reports that the back glass does get scratched up with the case on. On my back protector, I have a line scratch going across. That would have been the glass if I didn't have a protector on it. I can't even figure out how it got there since I'm very careful with it. So no way I'm taking that off after that discovery.