Apple Bumper Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigbro1096, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I recently went through my iPhone 4 box and found my green Apple Bumper. The bumper has like 5 tears in the silicon part. I dont know how that happened since I only used the bumper for one week. Does the Apple warranty cover this and will I be able to get a replacement bumper?

2. himesh macrumors regular

Pretty sure it does, I have an orange bumper on my phone and got another one because the volume button fell off. But I got mine sorted through the people that I bought it off which wasn't apple but I'm pretty sure it should be the same with Apple too, they are generally good for customer service.

3. leepetersonuk macrumors member

you have to book a genius appointment for this but you can get a replacement.

I had an issue where the rubber was coming away, took it into my local Apple store and they swapped it over for a new one.

4. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

The silicon edge of my bumper, directly underneath the home button has become deformed and cracked. I was speaking to an Apple genus about another issue so I showed it to him. He took it into the back and when he returned, he said he spoke to others, and the consensus is that it was normal wear and tear. Therefore, no replacement.

I had just gotten my iPad replaced so I couldn't complain to much, but I was disappointed they didn't think the bumper should wear better.