Apple bumper warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Peter Franks, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

As we all know they stretch and tear and become unusable after several months. But the Apple store tell me the warranty is only 6 months on them, not 12? Anyone else have similar problem with it?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Depends where in the world you are! In the uk it's a year!

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

I am in the UK and the manager of Brent X Apple store in N W London said only 6 months. Is he pulling a fast one, Maybe why Apple pulled my review on their site of the bumper. Never happened before, and there are a lot worse reviews than mine up there. Strange. Really pleased I've spent thousands with Apple for them to turn me away for a crappy piece of rubber

4. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

As far as I know, the warranty on Apple accessories is 1 year...

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

He's trying to fob you off. Apple in the uk at least has a legal obligation to give a 1 year warranty on all purchases!

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

I've tried posting on Apple's ratings and reviews again and twice they've intercepted and not let it be seen, But nobody from Apple bothers to email you and tell you why, or offer me a replacement. Kind of defeats the object of subjective reviews if they don't put things up they don't like, wouldn't you say?