Apple Bumpers available on apple.com now

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigbro1096, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well I just checked apple.com and the apple store app and the bumpers are now available and ship with in 24 hours. Just a heads up

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

glad my iPhone 4 arrived september 29th! just in time to get a free bumper.

4. solius macrumors regular

I got an orange one ordered :), thanks for the heads up. anybody want to buy a brand new white bumper from me? I'll sell it for 29.99 plus 2 dollars to ship. Its a real one can even provide proof of purchase from apple.com.

5. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I just noticed this too. I wonder if the stores have them in stock? Maybe I will head over today. I've decided that I want to get Apple Care as well. Just got my iPhone Monday.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No red one though :(
    Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the SGP Neo Hybrid EX

7. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I called the my local store and they said they have them in stock in all colors. I am going to run over today and also pick up Apple Care. :)

I am on the fence for either a white or blue bumper. I hope they have some on display to help me decide.

8. solius macrumors regular

The blue was a little too feminine to me. Its a lighter color blue I would go for the white.

9. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

My store had all the colors in stock last week. I already have a black, green and my otterbox commuter. Was looking at the white or orange to change things up.

10. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I am in the boat with you. Ill pick up a green one too as I have an orange, a white, and a black genuine apple bumper. But my favorite colors are red and black together! So I guess the neo ex is what we gotta buy. If apple only made red,,,,,,, ugh!

11. reebs macrumors 6502

The white one gets dirty very easily! Picks up color from your pockets and you have to clean very frequently. Looks great on iphone but not worth it for me.

12. keviikev macrumors member

I got the orange bumper and it look horrible after a few days, so I traded it for another case. The orange is made of different material than white bumper I have that held up better.

13. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

x2

I used mine for maybe 6 weeks and it looks horrible. I couldn't get it to look good again, even with a Magic eraser (which normally cleans anything)

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Just so everyone knows, the Free Case program works even for iPhones purchased after the 30th. I bought a 16 gig iP4 in the middle of September, ordered the Griffin case that looks like it has a carbon fiber back from the free case app, and used it on the iPhone. It kept peeling my invisible shield off the back of the phone, and I didn't really like it.

Well I decided I'd rather have the 32 GB so I exchanged the iPhone with AT&T, this was on October 1st. Tuesday I decided to try the free case app, since it was still in my iTunes library. It worked, let me order another case, and I got the shipment confirmation email yesterday.

So if you have the app, and you bought your iPhone after the 30th of Sept, give it a try, I'll bet it works for you too.

SLC

15. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Thanks for the responses. I went with white and it sure does look sweet. While I was there, I had the Genius bar check out the proximity sensor issue I am having. My phone came with 4.1 on it. They did a dfu restore and so far, to my surprise, it appears that the behavior has actually stopped. They told me to set my phone up as a new device this time, instead of restoring from my old phone. They said to give it a couple weeks and if it still occurs, just bring it back and they will do a retail swap since I just bought the phone on Monday.

EDIT: For the comments on the white bumper, does it actually stain? That does suck if so. Oh well, I am hoping more cases are actually available in a couple months. The current selection of cases you can actually buy, not pre-orders, is pretty slim.

16. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

you think apple bumpers are priced right?

i dont...glad i got a free one but its was black i wanted a white one i was at the apple store the other day and they had them in stock but then i change my mind and bought clothes instead..:)

plus i like without a case might get them new 2.0 decals sides from luckylabs

17. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I don't think Apple bumpers are worth the price they're selling for. Then again, it's Apple.

I'd get them for $9.99 at most, but $29.99 can't justify its huge shortcomings: it doesn't accommodate many third-party sync/charge cables, it doesn't protect the backside, and it's a serious lint magnet.

There are "similar" (and I use the term very loosely) bumpers on eBay, but they're not well-designed either, just created to ride on the coattails of Apple's version.

18. chemasevi macrumors member

I bought 100 bumpers when it was 0,01€ in Apple Store education jajaja.

19. rust0r macrumors member

$1.50 cable, works with bumper (Just received mine the other day, and subsequently ordered 4 more)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336090759&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D270601308174%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT