Apple Bumpers on Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by akal575, Jun 15, 2010.

1. akal575 macrumors member

So, am I the only one thinking that those Apple Bumpers are going to sell out hot and fast just like the Apple iPad case did.

Imagine the money one could make clearing out an Apples store stock of these bumpers and then reselling on ebay for perobably double or triple the retail value..

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

There are many substitutes to these type of cases. It was not so to the iPAd case.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i'm thinking they won't if black is the only one available.

which is the one i want ;)

4. nbuubu macrumors regular

I'd love to see you try to corner the market. After all, there are no other case options and no other manufacturers of iPhone cases with years of market presence.

Besides, everyone feels that Apple is being generous to sell a ring of rubber and plastic for $30. I'm sure you could easily get $60 or $90 for each ring of rubber and plastic if you have them all!

5. Swampthing macrumors 6502

Swampthing

GO GO GO GO!!! I say you buy hundreds just to be safe!!!!

6. MrSingh macrumors regular

lol.

although it would be nice to have a one of those bumpers, as a matter of principle, there is no way i will be paying Apple £25 for a piece of plastic/rubber. however, if in about 4 weeks time there are no decent alternatives, then i may have to begrudgingly bite the bullet...at the end of the day, don't want my £500 iP4 to get damaged due to my pride.

see, this is where Apple proper pi*s me off - yeah they're a business and i don't expect any handouts but what - they can't even inlclude a bumper in the box? i mean they can't even bother to include a wall charger in the box?...and want you to pay £15 for latter. seriously, they need to realise that their customers are already paying premium prices...and stop taking the pi*s with these peripherals.

it's cos of this that all my Apple stuf was not paid for full price i.e. my Mac Pro was brought slighlty used, 1st shuffle was bought with a half-price deal, second one bought for a fiver and the third one i got free. the iPhone will be the first thing i buy full price so yep, i'm pis*ed-off that the wall charger especially isn't included out the box.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

iPhone 4 does come with a wall charger. At least for those of us in the United States.

8. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ

scroll down and hit tech specs
    scroll down until you see "whats in the box"
    usb power adapter is included

and thats on the UK site

I dont know where you got the idea that its not included, but it definantly is

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Hehe!

10. sjn419 macrumors regular

Thats why I want to come early even though I should be able to walk in anytime on the 24 and pickup my reserved iphone. the bumpers and invisashield will run out quick (i think)

11. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yes reselling them for 29.01 on eBay is smart.

12. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Do you think they just slip over like a silicone case would. Because I bought the invisible shield and would like to put it on the sides of the phone as well. I hope it's not like the incase cases because then I probably won't be able to.