Apple burned my laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bruenor9, Apr 21, 2014.

1. bruenor9 macrumors newbie

It was in for service... I get it and Its a Macbook air and there is a black spot on the corner of it. Looks like a burn mark? wtf? It wasn't there before.

A manager will call me from the store? What will happen

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Either they will

1. Fix it

2. Replace it

3. EXTREMELY unlikely, but they may say we didn't do it you did. But that's not Apple-like at all.

3. xizdun macrumors regular

Share with us a photo of it.

#3 can happen (Apple Store denies wrongdoing), and if it does, you should escalate the issue by emailing Apple directly with the photo and story.

4. bruenor9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh Ill email timcook if I have too...

Im hoping they will most ;likely replace it. But its like a little burn mark? Like what?

and what if they do #3? Anyone have any experiences with apple damaging there laptop

Cosmetic Condition: Good no signs of cosmetic damage

They also said that when they took it in for repair so?

5. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

If they number 3 happens, just be persistent. Call Apple, talk to their online support, talk to another Genius. Just keep trying. That's all you can do my friend, and hope it works out.

6. bruenor9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not really noticeable though. Like its not big but its not small that you have to squint. Does that matter?

7. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Will you post a pic? It hsouldn't matter. If it's their mistake, it's their mistake.

8. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

If they put "Cosmetic Condition: Good no signs of cosmetic damage" on the authorisation when you dropped it off they should cover it.
    Did you flag it up whilst still in-store?

Barney

9. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

apple has been pretty good in fixing damages done by them. If its a cosmetic damage i guess they would fix it if it. Only apple can decide if they will provide you a replacement depending on what the damages are