Apple Business Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by krazykongo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. krazykongo macrumors newbie

Just wanted to know what discounts businesses get through the business store?

Is it comparable to the 14% Student HE discount?

Does the applecare get reduced from just under £300 to £58?

thanks

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Not that much of a discount, no. I seem to recall getting anywhere from 5-10% off, depending on what you get. Hardware is less. Software has a better discount. Don't recall the exact numbers, though. But AppleCare is no where near that cheap with a business discount.

3. bigwig macrumors 6502a

I looked at the Business Store and didn't see anything discounted. Where/how are these discounts?

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I always called in and talked to a business sales rep and asked about the discount then.

5. bigwig macrumors 6502a

Do you have to order in bulk or do single sales merit a discount? Then again, a 5% discount on a Mac Pro is no deal considering I'd have to pay 7% sales tax if I buy from Apple. It would be cheaper to buy from MacMall even if they don't discount a dime.

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Doesn't have to be in bulk. And for hardware, yeah, it's not a huge savings, but still decent. I got our 17" MBP 2.33 with a 7200RPM drive for $2718.90 (that includes tax). I believe regular price was around $3k with tax, but I can't remember exactly.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

All the prices are without VAT online, because you can claim that back, so its actually 17.5% Off in the Uk.

8. Bambeezer macrumors regular

I got a 10% discount on the last macbook air I ordered. I can't remember what it worked out to for the mbp and mac pros I've ordered. I have an actual enterprise rep though which is clearly for business purchases. We don't have to order any quantity to get the discount. Apple enterprise has a lot of great benefits for corporations. They are trying hard to get a bigger representation in corporate america.

9. Robbadore64 macrumors regular

I see discounts between 6% and 8% for hardware when using the Employee Discount program (through Pepsi or Chase, etc). I'm not thinking thats what you're asking though, so just throwing that out there.