Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robindahlia789

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Does apple buy back used macbooks?.
I got the 2.0 umb that's past the 14 day mark. And really feel like im missing out on the backlit keyboard. The .4 faster processor (I know its probably not a noticeble difference) just wondering since id pay the little extra for the 2.4

natebookpro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
Maryland
No they don't. If its a day or two and you get the right manager you might be able to beg and plead your way into it. But in all reality your only option is sell the 2.0 and put that towards the 2.4.

Psychmike

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
Does apple buy back used macbooks?.
I got the 2.0 umb that's past the 14 day mark. And really feel like im missing out on the backlit keyboard. The .4 faster processor (I know its probably not a noticeble difference) just wondering since id pay the little extra for the 2.4

Ifixit also sells the backlit keyboard separately so you can always retrofit it yourself if the cost differential between selling and re-buying is too large. The price for the replacement keyboard will likely come down in the future.

I have the 2.4 and the backlit keyboard has not been a huge deal. It's come in handy 1-2x in the past 3 months but I almost certainly could have gotten by without it. You have a great laptop. Unless you've come across situations where not having a backlit keyboard has caused you problems, don't let the feeling that you're missing out on a shiny new thing run your life.

bobjob186

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2005
Laguna Beach
How far past the 14 day mark? Also, you could sell your machine for probably $1000-1100 depending on how old it is. Take that cash and add $150-200 and you can have yourself a mint 2.4ghz macbook. Not a bad deal if you really want it.

robindahlia789

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
How far past the 14 day mark? Also, you could sell your machine for probably $1000-1100 depending on how old it is. Take that cash and add $150-200 and you can have yourself a mint 2.4ghz macbook. Not a bad deal if you really want it.

after thinking about it, i'll save my self the time and process too sell then spend.
just upgrade the RAM and i already have a faster, larger HDD so i guess i got a few ups on the 2.4 =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.