Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
I'm surprised Macrumors doesn't post the Cnets AppleByte videos on it's page. It's a great, informative weekly video that's funny and I'm sure everyone will love.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm surprised Macrumors doesn't post the Cnets AppleByte videos on it's page. It's a great, informative weekly video that's funny and I'm sure everyone will love.

Why are you surprised? That's like asking Burger King to advertise McDonald's french fries.

Both sites need to draw users to them in order to generate revenue.

Last edited:

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Why are you surprised? That's like asking Burger King to advertise McDonald's french fries.

Both sites need to draw users to them in order to generate revenue.

They pull stuff from CNET, 9to5mac, Macworld, and plenty of other sites all the time for front page articles, and those sites pull stuff from MacRumors all the time too.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
They pull stuff from CNET, 9to5mac, Macworld, and plenty of other sites all the time for front page articles, and those sites pull stuff from MacRumors all the time too.

It's common practice for a tech site such as MacRumors to write an article and then cite the source (usually another tech site). However, it's not common practice for a tech site to promote another tech site in the fashion described by the OP. When is the last time you've seen FOX news do a news story and then end it with "by the way ABC News has a great summer line up!".

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for MR to do this unless A) the companies were the same (they aren't) or B) there was a monetary exchange going on (sponsorship, etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.