Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tacoman667

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
"Beta release 4: The fourth beta adds support for Open GL ES within the iPhone
Simulator, rendering 3D graphics in the Simulator that mirror behavior on the iPhone
and iPod touch. There are new iPhone OS templates in the New Project and New
Target assistants. Code signing is now enforced on devices. See the "Known Issues"
section below for details."

Yay!

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
wooohooo
downloading as well. its slow, beta1 downloaded at over 1MBps for me, this time its just 150KBps :(

Edit:
It has AppStore, doesnt connect though
Itunes store now present as well
Show my caller ID added to Preferences->Phone

atlandrew

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
About 200 MB smaller too...

Something tells me they took something out....dmg is 200MB smaller!! We'll see.

p.s. When will I be able to test my app on my phone!?!? :confused:

NoAverageJoe

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
Something tells me they took something out....dmg is 200MB smaller!! We'll see.

p.s. When will I be able to test my app on my phone!?!? :confused:

Not until you get selected as a beta developer...or the end of June, whichever comes first. :rolleyes:

Very cool that you can now run the OpenGL apps on the simulator.

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
the picture on apple's website looks weird....the picture of the iphone is all distorted...it looks short and fat

stanleybostitch

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
On first glance, I thought the image was off as well, but with a much larger version of the air in the background...can't wait for June to get here.

yayaba

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
So does this finally fix the -10810 errors? Surprisingly, I had no time at all lately to work on my iPhone app ever since Beta 3 came out but I read that some people still had that error come up once in awhile.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Can anyone with the beta 4 firmware installed confirm whether or not their device is able to play DRMed iTunes music yet?

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Let me in!

They call all developers, I answer, but they won't let me in! One of my iPhone apps relies on the accelerometer and therefore I have to test it on a real phone, but they won't let me in the developer program! Grr. Been a Mac developer since 1985 but get no respect <straightening tie> no respect at all..

mikey.f

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
Slovakia
I wish the SDK updates would be available through software updates and not as standalone installers each time. Oh well... *downloads*

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Yea I'm still waiting for my dev certificate too :( I wish they'd hurry up, I dont want to spend months developing apps to find out that I'm not included on launch day and miss out on a huge sales opportunity.

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
Hmm... I'm getting an unknown error (5) installing the new iPod Touch firmware. Any ideas? :confused:

I had that issue. I had to attempt to restore down to 1.1.4 (it failed), but after that I could restore to the latest seed. Just make sure you have the new SDK installed first. I think that was my initial problem.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
DRM music syncs and plays, the iTunes store has been readded, and the AppStore has been readded (although it reports a connection error).

Excellent, thank you. That is the one thing that prevented me from keeping the beta firmware on my iPod for any length of time.

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
This obviously points to a 3G iPhone release. ;) :D

That would be cool, but I think the picture of the iPhone and Macbook Air have more to do with the iPhone Software 2.0, iPhone SDK, and future of Apple devices and mobile products.

The Macbook Air add more gestures to the track pad than previous Mac laptops and maybe Apple will open that up to customization.

I'd like to see some hints of the next OSX or at least the code name for it (Lion : Hear Mac roar! :eek:).

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
That would be cool, but I think the picture of the iPhone and Macbook Air have more to do with the iPhone Software 2.0, iPhone SDK, and future of Apple devices and mobile products.

The Macbook Air add more gestures to the track pad than previous Mac laptops and maybe Apple will open that up to customization.

I'd like to see some hints of the next OSX or at least the code name for it (Lion : Hear Mac roar! :eek:).
I think 10.6 will break away from cats, something like "Golden Retriever"

See: Avatar.

jdsam

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
Hanover, NH ... for now
It was time there was a new apple.com main page, that map was really getting to me.

P.S. sorry if someone already said this, i just needed to get it off my chest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.