iPhone Beta 4 on dev!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by tacoman667, Apr 23, 2008.

1. tacoman667 macrumors regular

"Beta release 4: The fourth beta adds support for Open GL ES within the iPhone
    Simulator, rendering 3D graphics in the Simulator that mirror behavior on the iPhone
    and iPod touch. There are new iPhone OS templates in the New Project and New
    Target assistants. Code signing is now enforced on devices. See the "Known Issues"
    section below for details."

Yay!

2. MDMstudios macrumors member

Downloading it right now but my internet is going really slow right now 90 kbs : /

3. himansk macrumors regular

wooohooo
    downloading as well. its slow, beta1 downloaded at over 1MBps for me, this time its just 150KBps :(

Edit:
    It has AppStore, doesnt connect though
    Itunes store now present as well
    Show my caller ID added to Preferences->Phone

4. atlandrew macrumors newbie

About 200 MB smaller too...

Something tells me they took something out....dmg is 200MB smaller!! We'll see.

p.s. When will I be able to test my app on my phone!?!? :confused:

5. NoAverageJoe macrumors newbie

Not until you get selected as a beta developer...or the end of June, whichever comes first. :rolleyes:

Very cool that you can now run the OpenGL apps on the simulator.

6. actorkid macrumors 6502

the picture on apple's website looks weird....the picture of the iphone is all distorted...it looks short and fat

7. stanleybostitch macrumors newbie

On first glance, I thought the image was off as well, but with a much larger version of the air in the background...can't wait for June to get here.

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Man, I should get my butt in gear and start coding some apps!!

9. yayaba macrumors 6502

So does this finally fix the -10810 errors? Surprisingly, I had no time at all lately to work on my iPhone app ever since Beta 3 came out but I read that some people still had that error come up once in awhile.

10. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Why does the "calling all developers" tag line remind me of... "DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS!!!!!"

If you don't know what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJREvJW72g

This video always cracks me up - LOL

11. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Two things:

1) confirmed link above is not rick roll
    2) finally they changed the page

12. L3X macrumors 6502a

3g?!?!

This obviously points to a 3G iPhone release. ;) :D

13. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hmm... I'm getting an unknown error (5) installing the new iPod Touch firmware. Any ideas? :confused:

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

Can anyone with the beta 4 firmware installed confirm whether or not their device is able to play DRMed iTunes music yet?

15. Lepton macrumors 6502a

Lepton

Let me in!

They call all developers, I answer, but they won't let me in! One of my iPhone apps relies on the accelerometer and therefore I have to test it on a real phone, but they won't let me in the developer program! Grr. Been a Mac developer since 1985 but get no respect <straightening tie> no respect at all..

16. mikey.f macrumors regular

I wish the SDK updates would be available through software updates and not as standalone installers each time. Oh well... *downloads*

17. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

Yea I'm still waiting for my dev certificate too :( I wish they'd hurry up, I dont want to spend months developing apps to find out that I'm not included on launch day and miss out on a huge sales opportunity.

18. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

DRM music syncs and plays, the iTunes store has been readded, and the AppStore has been readded (although it reports a connection error).

19. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

I had that issue. I had to attempt to restore down to 1.1.4 (it failed), but after that I could restore to the latest seed. Just make sure you have the new SDK installed first. I think that was my initial problem.

20. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

im so glad they put open GL in the iphone, that is sooo cool.

21. admanimal macrumors 68040

Excellent, thank you. That is the one thing that prevented me from keeping the beta firmware on my iPod for any length of time.

22. BTW macrumors 6502

That would be cool, but I think the picture of the iPhone and Macbook Air have more to do with the iPhone Software 2.0, iPhone SDK, and future of Apple devices and mobile products.

The Macbook Air add more gestures to the track pad than previous Mac laptops and maybe Apple will open that up to customization.

I'd like to see some hints of the next OSX or at least the code name for it (Lion : Hear Mac roar! :eek:).

23. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I think 10.6 will break away from cats, something like "Golden Retriever"

See: Avatar.

24. jdsam macrumors member

jdsam

It was time there was a new apple.com main page, that map was really getting to me.

P.S. sorry if someone already said this, i just needed to get it off my chest