Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
I know the guy at my local campus who has this job, and from what I can tell, it entails sitting around and playing with free Hardware that Apple sends you.

/Yes, I'm bitter.

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
My good friend was the Apple rep on campus and he was responsible for promoting Apple around campus through posting flyers, hanging around the campus Apple store, manning a table at different events and stuff like that. He was available to people on campus who had different kinds of technical problems with their Macs or just getting them setup on the network but I think that was by his own accord. Oh, and there was also plenty of time spent playing with the free hardware that Apple sent him.

A month before he graduated, they posted the position to find his replacement. Of course, I applied and was assured that I was a shoe-in to get it. Oddly, Apple cut the interview process short before I (and about 30 other people) had a chance to sit down with anyone and they choose a total moron, instead. He must have known someone higher up than me. Oh, well...life's not fair.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I grabbed a flyer, but never really got anywhere with it.

Do you get to keep the free hardware they ship you?

dramos

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2006
I'm a campus rep

I have been a Campus Rep in San Francisco, CA for a year and a half now and I am about to quit. It is a good program, you get to sell the products you love to you, at least I did. One of my job responsibilities was to produce flyers selling the product with current promos. We were paid weekly and got free things to use (MacBook) while we were a campus rep.

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
What I've gathered from other reps:

Free Macbook to use while employed
Not an employee of Apple but of Volt Technical Services
About $10/hr maximum of 15hrs a week
Business cards with your name and the Apple logo on them
Free .Mac account
Some people have said you get to fly to Cupertino in Aug. for training
No posting on rumor forums (sorry macrumors)

can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Doubtful my college would need an apple rep...everyone has a mac and an iPod. It's probably 50/50 at least Macs/PCs, maybe even more like 60/40 among freshmen, at least from what I've seen on my dorm hall and others I've been on.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
i applied at my local campus computer store, where they do have an apple rep. unfortunately they didnt even call me, so i cant help u out sorry. but i think that would be an awesome job

Clairebell12

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys so I'm interested in doing this on my campus and I'm very involved in campus organizations so I think it would be easy but I might be transferring after the summer semester and if that happens can I still keep the computer ? Also does anyone know details about how many/ what types if assignments you have to do in order to keep the computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.