Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I drove down to Buffalo, NY to buy my MacBook in November, when the dollar was at around $1.07. I saved over $300 Canadian. I also bought my sister a new nano while I was there, and saved around $35 on that too. I just couldn't live with myself knowing that I was spending more than I needed too, especially when there was a cheaper option. Yes, it cost me for gas, but I also picked up a new PSP, some shoes and clothing, so the $40 I spent on gas was spread around all the stuff I bought. It was worth the drive for the Cheesecake Factory alone....

Do I think that Apple will lower their Canadian prices? Unfortunately, no. And if they do, it will not be by a significant amount, and they will justify the difference by importing costs, packaging costs (English/French) and taxes they incur.

Soon, I won't be as bothered by all this- I'll be moving to Los Angeles in February, and I think I'll be using the money that I saved on a new iPhone! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.