Apple Card 0% Financing Now Available for Mac, iPad, and More

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today expanded its Apple Card interest-free monthly installment payment plan across much of its U.S. online store, allowing users to pay for Macs, iPads, and other Apple products over time. In addition to the interest-free payments, users also earn the standard 3% Daily Cash for purchases through Apple.

The new option is available on checkout pages for individual products, with some products like Macs and iPads available with 12-month interest-free installments, and others like Apple TV, AirPods, and HomePod can be paid off over six months. Notably, Apple Watch and iPod touch are not eligible with the interest-free financing.

Tim Cook announced on Apple's April 30 earnings conference call that the company would be expanding the Apple Card Monthly Installments plan beyond the iPhone, and just over a week ago, Bloomberg shared details on what it would cover.

Article Link: Apple Card 0% Financing Now Available for Mac, iPad, and More

Last edited:
Reactions: ruslan120

4jasontv

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2011
Am I missing the link to this offer? I want to know why the line with 0% APR 3% Cash Back has a 1 at the end.

DotCom2

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2009
Barclay's had 18 month no interest but of course not the 3% cash back. Oh well.

Nick Finocchi

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2020

Apple today expanded its Apple Card interest-free monthly installment payment plan across much of its U.S. online store, allowing users to pay for Macs, iPads, and other Apple products over time. In addition to the interest-free payments, users also earn the standard 3% Daily Cash for purchases through Apple.

The new option is available on checkout pages for individual products, with some products like Macs and iPads available with 12-month interest-free installments, and others like Apple TV, AirPods, and HomePod can be paid off over six months. Notably, Apple Watch and iPod touch are not eligible with the interest-free financing.

Tim Cook announced on Apple's April 30 earnings conference call that the company would be expanding the Apple Card Monthly Installments plan beyond the iPhone, and just over a week ago, Bloomberg shared details on what it would cover.

Article Link: Apple Card 0% Financing Now Available for Mac, iPad, and More
Apple store is down right now

JosephAW

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2012
Used it already for my iPhone 11. Not really seeing anything worth upgrading from my Mid 2012 MBP and the new tower is out of my pay grade.

MikeVarney

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Am I missing the link to this offer? I want to know why the line with 0% APR 3% Cash Back has a 1 at the end.
Looking at a similar page in my Apple Store app, I believe the 1 is something similar to: Available for certain products, subject to credit approval and limit, requires activation, rates as of 4/1/2020, taxes and shipping not included in installment plan, see customer agreement for more details.

I paraphrase of course. The actual text is half an iPhone Plus screen in a real little font. Lawyers.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Awesome

ChrisBos

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2020
For those who would be opening a new card, 12 months on a Mac really isn't that great. You can get 18 with a Barclaycard or 15 AND a way better cash back/points bonus on many other cards' intro offers.

Long-term, "Anytime" 0% financing (vs. intro offers) is definitely a perk that will have its market, but I still think there are better card options out there for many who want to carry a credit card when you consider rewards structure and other benefits.

The initial rumors about this coming had me considering Apple Card (I'm in the market for a new CC and Mac, only makes sense to time them for reasons noted above), but I think I'm looking elsewhere now.

Last edited:
Reactions: WSTC and Wags

EvilEvil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
I just went thru the checkout process for the 16-inch Macbook Pro but not getting the option to pay over 12 months with my Apple Card.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
That’s awesome. Would love to see this in Scandinavia. Given that it’s interest-free it makes a no brainer for a Mac purchase. Time value of money.
Not sure how much time value there is in this era of zero / negative interest rates.

Also, if you don’t have the money to buy in full at time of purchase, then you’ll have additional stress until it’s paid off.

Personally, I won’t go into debt over anything that isn’t a house or primary vehicle. I like having zero credit card debt. Saved $100/month for 3 years to buy my last MBP in 2017. I still used a credit card in order to get cash back and double the factory warranty though.

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I assume this will augment (possibly replace) the iPhone Upgrade program.
It would be a good way to get people to sign up for the Apple Card. If they can make it so that you can do an upgrade via this kind of financing it would be pretty cool.

I decided that I’m no longer going to do the iPhone Upgrade Program. The phones are relatively easy to get at launch and I’d rather just pay in full or do the Apple Card financing.

Reactions: Blackstick

ksec

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Also in the uk for Macs it’s now free interest free for 24 months
I assume that is with Apple's Barclays Card? ( Wasn't that discontinued ? )

When the heck are we going to see Apple Card around the world...

Reactions: AppleTO

KFridman

macrumors member
May 8, 2020
My Place
I think it has something to do with the Apple Cash Card which appears to be different from the Apple Card. On the Apple website it talks about the Apple Cash Card being affiliated with Green Dot Bank. The cash back goes to the Apple Cash Card. Tell me if I'm wrong because I'm trying to figure this out myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.