Apple Card (Credit Card) Identity Verification Problems

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Psosmith82, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Psosmith82 macrumors newbie

Anybody else having problems applying for there Apple Card? I have tried several times over the past 2 days and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" screen. I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id,(Drivers License) and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not. I have tried submitting the id under several lighting conditions and backgrounds, and I even tried using my passport card to see if my id for some reason wasn't being accepted.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card. I suppose this is why there doing a "preview" rollout

2. esf215 macrumors member

Do you happen to have a freeze on your credit? I"m still waiting for my invite.

3. jardinager macrumors regular

jardinager

I was able to sign up a little while before my invitation arrived. It just appeared when tapping the + symbol in the Wallet app. It literally took seconds for everything to process on Apple’s end and to proliferate into all my payment settings.

4. Arcade macrumors 6502

Arcade

I saw the invitation email went to sign up and everything went well but with every other card I was "DENIED". :mad:

5. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

No Freeze, not that I'm aware of at least

6. au2us macrumors newbie

au2us

Same experience for me. Went through the application process and the last screen said it was not able to be approved and I’d get an email explaining why. The email came through immediately and the reason given was “We are unable to verify your identification information.” I tried numerous times with no luck. Wondered if my ID photos were not clear enough but even when submitting with images that looked sharp had the same result.

7. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

Me too. Very frustrating!

Did you have to alter any of the pre-loaded info when you were going through the application process? I'm trying to figure out what is triggering this nonsense.

8. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't alter anything besides adding my date of birth and SSN info. All the other pre loaded info was correct.

9. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

Hmm... I recently moved and had an address change. Did you?

10. DJnaknik macrumors newbie

Same problem here... called the support line.m and was told they’ll be in touch in the next day or too.

I’m wondering if being declined due to this reason has any effect on the credit score?

11. au2us macrumors newbie

au2us

No, didn’t need to change anything, so I’m really not sure what the issue was.

12. Psosmith82, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, yes I did just move within the last two months. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe TransUnion doesn't have my new address info yet (since TransUnion is who they pull from).Edit: TransUnion has my correct address so I don’t think it has anything to do with that.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 8, 2019 ---
    Did it eventually work for you? Or still having issues?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 8, 2019 ---
    No effect on your credit score. You can apply as many times as you’d like and it will only cause a hard pull when you get an offer and accept it

13. A440SPS macrumors newbie

Check your Apple ID info: full name, address, birthdate, and make sure it matches what you put in the application process (under Settings). It's probably nothing to do with the photo of your ID.

14. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

That was the first thing I checked when I started getting verification errors. Everything matches my ID and my information. I don't know what the problem is. Hopefully my chats with support will eventually solve the problem, otherwise I don't think there's anything else I can do from my end.

15. ray737 macrumors 6502

I was having problems getting my identity verified. It kept rejecting my application “ identity cannot be verified”. Goldman Sachs customer service suggested I do a hard reset on my iPhone. Sure enough did the reset and was able to complete the whole process and approved in less than 2 mins.

16. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

By "hard reset" do you mean shut down the phone and turn it back on? Or do you mean "reset all settings"? I think the latter would make a mess of things.

17. Psosmith82, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried a reset all settings on my iPad, and it’s still giving me the same error when applying for the card. So unless he meant a factory reset I think he just lucked out and it went through.
    Edit: Did a full factory reset on secondary device and still gives the same error

18. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

Yea, he just lucked out. I tried a couple more times today after just rebooting my iPhone and still no joy. Hopefully these folks that are supposed to call us actually do. Apple always has glitches like this at launch.

19. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just chatted with support again and they said my case is still pending. He said they were having other users with same issue and they are working quickly to resolve it, so take that for whatever it’s worth. Hopefully this is resolved by the time the “preview” period is over

20. A440SPS macrumors newbie

I did a backup and then "Erase All Content and Settings". After the restore, the problem continues, with the same identity validation error.

21. Vasopressin macrumors newbie

Vasopressin

I'm having the exact same issue. Brand new ID card as well! Everything is so clean and legible, and it all matches....

22. jimrey51 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2019 ---
    I am retired military and do not have a drivers license because of a disability. They will not accept my military ID as verification. My credit score is 839 today. Well, don't need it anyway, plenty of banks love my credit score and will give me a higher limit and better interest rate.

23. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

It will accept a regular state ID as well it says if you have one of those

24. jimrey51 macrumors newbie

I won’t do business with anyone that doesn’t recognize military service. There loss not mine.

25. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I never got an invitation even though I signed up for a notification back when they first announced Apple Card. Randomly decided to check the Wallet app today and was able to apply and get approved immediately. So this whole time I could have had the Apple Card.:mad:

Not accepting a military ID as a form of verification is not the same as not recognizing military service. Also the possessive form of "they" is "their," not "there." Pretty sure this issue is due to a technical limitation than a political view.