Apple Card Deferred Payment Program Extended to June

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card's COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program has been extended by another month, allowing cardholders who enroll in the program to defer their June payment without incurring any interest charges, as noted by 9to5Mac.

To enroll in the program, open the Wallet app on an iPhone or iPad, tap on the Apple Card, tap on the black circle with three dots, tap on the message bubble, and send a message along the lines of "I want to enroll in the Customer Assistance Program." Confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to the email address associated with your Apple ID.

Of course, any purchases made with the Apple Card throughout June will still need to be paid off eventually as part of your outstanding balance. Apple has a support document with more details, although it does not reflect the June extension yet.

Article Link: Apple Card Deferred Payment Program Extended to June

JosephAW

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2012
My first installment for my interest free iPhone payment was supposed to be May 31. Nothing has posted yet.

Reactions: KJH

Jefe's MacAir

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Unprecedented in credit history. I took advantage of March and April's deferment. Fortunately I was able to pay off the entire card in mid to late May.

Kudos to Apple for forging this path. Although I haven't seen many, if any, other CC issuers doing anything even remotely similar.

apparatchik

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Here in Mexico all the major banks offered a 3-month deferment on credit card and personal credits payments and interests, no penalties, etc. starting in March. I thought this was common practice around the world.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I don’t mind kicking the can down the road. Since I will be moving soon, being able defer payment will help out with some other expenses I have prioritize.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I wish credit card companies would defer interest payments during this time. That would be a nice gesture to help folks get into their feet during this time but again greed has no bounds on financial institutions.

Reactions: TropN

grantew1

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Midwest
Unprecedented in credit history. I took advantage of March and April's deferment. Fortunately I was able to pay off the entire card in mid to late May.

Kudos to Apple for forging this path. Although I haven't seen many, if any, other CC issuers doing anything even remotely similar.
Bank of America, Citi, Discover are helping with payments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.