Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Timed with the Apple Card launching widely in the United States today, Apple has announced that customers will now receive three percent Daily Cash when they use the Apple Card with Apple Pay for Uber and Uber Eats purchases.

daily-cash.jpg

Apple says additional merchants and apps will begin to offer three percent Daily Cash in the coming months.

The three percent reward was initially limited to purchases made directly with Apple, including at Apple Stores, Apple.com, the App Store, the iTunes Store, and for services like Apple Music and iCloud storage subscriptions.

All other purchases made with the Apple Card via Apple Pay will continue to receive two percent Daily Cash, while purchases made with the physical, titanium Apple Card qualify for one percent Daily Cash.

To apply for an Apple Card, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital Apple Card will be ready for purchases immediately.

Daily Cash is unlimited and paid out daily to your Apple Cash account. For more details, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Extending 3% Daily Cash to More Merchants, Starting With Uber and Uber Eats

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
i'd love to know what is involved in expanding the 3% to other merchants (does Apple/Goldman split the cost w/ them...) - . Hopefully this will rapidly expand and include more benefits - extended warranties... Next we need to get more merchants to accept Apple Pay (obviously this is Apples goal with the 3% rule), but, this is something I'd like regardless of the Apple Card. It's faster and more secure.

Last edited:

Dov.sakinis

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2019
Really hope they expand it to some grocery stores. Then 3% cashback would be a sole reason to get this card and a lot of Apple Card haters would rethink their criticism. In the meantime, it’s still just an average credit card. I like it as it’s convenient and I do not care about APR, never missed a payment and no planning to buy more than I can afford to

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Smart move by Apple on extending other merchants to the 3% cash back offer.
Most likely than not, the difference of 1%, between the 2% baseline tier and the 3% tie, is charged back to the merchant.

[Just another source of free cash, by leveraging the size of Apple's customer base onto merchants enticing them to join the 3% tier, and to pony up.]

Reactions: SoundJudgment

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Anyone know how much you get back when using a random credit card generated number? Meaning Amazon doesn’t use Apple Pay and I can’t use my physical card so I’d use the Apple Card app to create a credit card number. Does that count as 1% or 2% cash back?

rldunn

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Anyone know how much you get back when using a random credit card generated number? Meaning Amazon doesn’t use Apple Pay and I can’t use my physical card so I’d use the Apple Card app to create a credit card number. Does that count as 1% or 2% cash back?

This isn't really how it works. You don't "randomly generate" a one-use number. Rather, you have an actual number that can be used for online purchases - it stays the same until you change it, and you find it through the Apple Card settings. This is what you would use at a place like Amazon. These purchases would get you 1% cash back.

Reactions: Saipher

TBone67

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012

Timed with the Apple Card launching widely in the United States today, Apple has announced that customers will now receive three percent Daily Cash when they use the Apple Card with Apple Pay for Uber and Uber Eats purchases.

daily-cash.jpg

Apple says additional merchants and apps will begin to offer three percent Daily Cash in the coming months.

The three percent reward was initially limited to purchases made directly with Apple, including at Apple Stores, Apple.com, the App Store, the iTunes Store, and for services like Apple Music and iCloud storage subscriptions.

All other purchases made with the Apple Card via Apple Pay will continue to receive two percent Daily Cash, while purchases made with the physical, titanium Apple Card qualify for one percent Daily Cash.

To apply for an Apple Card, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital Apple Card will be ready for purchases immediately.

Daily Cash is unlimited and paid out daily to your Apple Cash account. For more details, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Extending 3% Daily Cash to More Merchants, Starting With Uber and Uber Eats
I’m wondering if they will do same as cash like Barclays offers? Interest rate was to high so I declined. If they offer same as cash I may be interested.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
what does uber care if it loses even more money? It's been hemorrhaging billions of dollars every quarter since it started. It has never made a profit and there's no end to the bleeding in sight

Last edited:
Reactions: ignatius345

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Next we need to get more merchants to accept Apple Pay.

This depends on where you live but in Toronto, Apple Pay is accepted virtually everywhere. I’ve used ApplePay at large chains but also at an ice cream truck. Canada has had tap payments for a few years now so it’s pretty much everywhere. I’m so confident that ApplePay will be accepted that I have stopped carrying a wallet. My physical cards are in a drawer at home. When I walk my dog I don’t even take my phone. If I want to buy a bottle of water or a snack, I’ll tap my Watch at a food truck. Works every time. Livin’ the dream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.