Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplelD

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2019
Auburn, WA
So a $250 credit limit is obviously not good enough for the Apple Card financing when the even cheapest iPhone would still cost more if bought at Apple. Is there a workaround to this? An example would be trading in an iPhone to lower the price but is splitting payment in person at the Apple Store an option? So as an example, iPhone XR costs $599 but the $250 credit limit won’t cover it, so is it possible to ask the Apple Store employee to split payment so the difference is covered in cash/debit? Then $250 worth of the installments are paid over time? Does that work?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
You probably should not have let it be known that you only got a $250 limit.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I think I read somewhere that in order to qualify for the interest free financing you have to put the entire purchase price of the phone on your card. This is because of the way they evenly split the payments over a 24 month period..... People who don't have enough credit limit to cover the phone are out of luck unfortunately.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
You probably should not have let it be known that you only got a $250 limit.
I didn't even know they issued cards with limits that low. I've seen those secured cards with limits of $500 or $1000. It's interesting seeing how some people get approved with such low limits and others are on here complaining of not getting approved with stellar credit and history.

Last edited:
Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I didn't even know they issued cards with limits that low. I've seen those secured cards with limits of $500 or $1000. It's interesting seeing how some people get approved with such low limits and other are on here complaining of not getting approved with stellar credit and history.
The other thing I see that makes no sense is the people who get approved for some insanely high APR for a Mastercard vs the higher credit people who get flat out declined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.