MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted on Reddit, the second developer beta of iOS 14.2 introduces a new yearly spending history option for the Apple Card, allowing cardholders to see how much they have spent with the card within the current calendar year.

apple-card-yearly-spending-activity.jpg

Apple Card spending activity was previously limited to weekly or monthly summaries. The new yearly option can be accessed by opening the Wallet app, tapping on the Apple Card, and tapping on the Activity bars below Card Balance. As of the second developer beta of iOS 14.2, there are now three tabs at the top for Week, Month, and Year overviews.

The yearly summary also shows how much Daily Cash a user has earned with the Apple Card within the current calendar year.

To apply for an ‌Apple Card‌, open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, a virtual ‌Apple Card‌ will be ready for purchases immediately. A physical, titanium Apple Card can also be requested through the Wallet app for use at retail stores that do not accept contactless payments.

Apple Card's key features include color-coded spending summaries, no fees, and up to three percent cashback on purchases, paid out daily. The card remains limited to the United States, but an international expansion may be on the horizon.

Article Link: Apple Card Gains Yearly Spending Activity Option in Latest iOS 14.2 Beta

progressivebpm

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2016
Austin, TX
I just want the decimal back in my Keypad; it's missing to the left of the 0 after installing 14.2 Beta 1.

Update: Fixed in 14.2 Beta 2.

Last edited:
Comment

lkrupp

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2004
Still waiting for mint/YNAB integration. Shouldn't be that hard considering you can manage the card on the web now.

I would dispute that. You can see your balance, make a payment, and download a statement BUT you still cannot see current or pending transactions. And it’s Goldman Sachs that would have to enable connections for download to Quicken, Mint, etc. and there’s no sign of that happening any time soon.

Comment

McKodiak

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
I've been considering the Apple Card more and more lately. Will probably get two new iPhones for my wife and myself as well as sign up for an Apple One bundle. With the financing options and cash back it is making more sense.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Comment

Unregistered 4U

macrumors 601
Jul 22, 2002
I've been considering the Apple Card more and more lately. Will probably get two new iPhones for my wife and myself as well as sign up for an Apple One bundle. With the financing options and cash back it is making more sense.
Even if it’s only for the one purchase, it’s worth it because there’s no yearly fee (if you’re not overextended and it dings your credit rating.)

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I really like everything pretty much being digital, and the physical card is better quality than my Amex Platinum. I only use the physical card where Amex isn't accepted (very few places now days).

The 3% cash categories continue to expand, and the daily cash back is really nice.

Comment

hinesmj

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2015
New York

Keep this in mind - If you do the iphone upgrade program, you get the same financing terms, then you can use the apple card to pay it back and get 3% back on the payments on the phone. At least I think I have that right...

Comment

McKodiak

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
Keep this in mind - If you do the iphone upgrade program, you get the same financing terms, then you can use the apple card to pay it back and get 3% back on the payments on the phone. At least I think I have that right...
That's sounds nice though i heard a rumor that they will end the iPhone Upgrade program through Citizens

Comment

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2013
I wish they would have the option for a joint account like I currently do with my wife on our platinum Amex. Also if they had more of an international focus like Revolut it would be perfect as my wife and I spend about half our time in the US and half in the UK/Germany/Switzerland.

I do like having everything under ‘one roof’

Reactions: orbital~debris
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.