Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
I got an invitation from Apple today to apply for the Apple Card. I don't think there's an interest free promotional period. According to Apple the interest is variable with a "range from 12.99% to 23.99% based on creditworthiness." If you want to finance a Mac Pro the better option may be the Barclaycard Financing Visa which has an 18-month interest free promotional period. Of course there are several other credit cards from various banks that do also.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
The offer is good only for the first purchase if you apply for the card at the same time — so make it count.

I was hoping that I could use that plan on subsequent purchases. Nope. Believe me that I called and asked.

Although branded Apple, the card is issued and managed by Barclay’s Bank.

Artakamoose

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2016
Bay Area
Barclay’s no longer offer an Apple branded card. It looks like Apple severed that relationship with the launch of the new Apple Card.

Goldman Sachs is the bank behind the card.

The other big selling point behind the card is that neither Goldman Sachs not Apple will sell any of your purchasing data to anyone. It’s the only card I know of that’s like that.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004
Any new developments on this? Holding off on getting Apple Card till I order the Mac Pro.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Barclay’s no longer offer an Apple branded card. It looks like Apple severed that relationship with the launch of the new Apple Card.

The U.S. website still shows a 0% financing (deferred interest forgiven if conditions are met) option from Barclays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.