MP 7,1 Apple Card may allow interest free purchases

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by just21, Aug 3, 2019.

1. just21 macrumors member

2. majus, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019

majus macrumors newbie

That's the only way I could afford to buy the newest MP -- no interest for 18 or 24 months.

3. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

I got an invitation from Apple today to apply for the Apple Card. I don't think there's an interest free promotional period. According to Apple the interest is variable with a "range from 12.99% to 23.99% based on creditworthiness." If you want to finance a Mac Pro the better option may be the Barclaycard Financing Visa which has an 18-month interest free promotional period. Of course there are several other credit cards from various banks that do also.

4. mikehalloran macrumors 68000

The offer is good only for the first purchase if you apply for the card at the same time — so make it count.

I was hoping that I could use that plan on subsequent purchases. Nope. Believe me that I called and asked.

Although branded Apple, the card is issued and managed by Barclay’s Bank.

5. Nugget macrumors 68000

Nugget

Barclay’s no longer offer an Apple branded card. It looks like Apple severed that relationship with the launch of the new Apple Card.

6. Artakamoose macrumors member

Goldman Sachs is the bank behind the card.

The other big selling point behind the card is that neither Goldman Sachs not Apple will sell any of your purchasing data to anyone. It’s the only card I know of that’s like that.