Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
So is the only way to make a payment on your card via the Wallet app? I've added my card to settings on my iPad as well but there is no dashboard there. I can add a bank and such but no option for payments. That being said are you stuck on ios/with an iPhone as long as you owe on your card? Or is there another way to pay without an iphone?

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
The only ways I know ATM is adding a bank account in Wallet and/or Apple Cash.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
iPod Touches have the Wallet app so maybe that can be used instead of a phone.

thesheleys

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2008
So is the only way to make a payment on your card via the Wallet app? I've added my card to settings on my iPad as well but there is no dashboard there. I can add a bank and such but no option for payments. That being said are you stuck on ios/with an iPhone as long as you owe on your card? Or is there another way to pay without an iphone?

I have an option to make a payment on the iPad. It is in the wallet in the settings app. I have a schedule payment and a make a payment option. I currently have a balance and I am on iOS 13.

Reactions: class77

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I have an option to make a payment on the iPad. It is in the wallet in the settings app. I have a schedule payment and a make a payment option. I currently have a balance and I am on iOS 13.
I can’t figure out how to add the Apple Card to my iPad on ios13. I tried just entering the number manually, but it keeps giving me an error.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I can’t figure out how to add the Apple Card to my iPad on ios13. I tried just entering the number manually, but it keeps giving me an error.

If you've got it in your wallet on your phone, it should be straightforward. On the iPad go to Settings > Wallet & ApplePay. Click Add Card, then CONTINUE. Your Apple Card should be there to be added... I had to enter my iCloud password and was able to add the Apple Card. Make sure you are logged into the same iCloud account on both your phone and your iPad.

What are you doing and what are you seeing? Is there an error message?

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
If you've got it in your wallet on your phone, it should be straightforward. On the iPad go to Settings > Wallet & ApplePay. Click Add Card, then CONTINUE. Your Apple Card should be there to be added... I had to enter my iCloud password and was able to add the Apple Card. Make sure you are logged into the same iCloud account on both your phone and your iPad.

What are you doing and what are you seeing? Is there an error message?
It’s just not there. When I hit Add Card it goes right into wanting me to take a picture of the card. If I click enter manually, I enter the Apple Card number, but it says card can’t be added. I only have one iCloud account.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
It’s just not there. When I hit Add Card it goes right into wanting me to take a picture of the card. If I click enter manually, I enter the Apple Card number, but it says card can’t be added. I only have one iCloud account.

very strange... not sure why... what version of iOS are you running on your devices? FWIW, I am running iOS 13 DP8 on both... but as long as you are as 12.4 or higher, I don't see how it would matter.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
very strange... not sure why... what version of iOS are you running on your devices? FWIW, I am running iOS 13 DP8 on both... but as long as you are as 12.4 or higher, I don't see how it would matter.
I’m in the beta in all of them, and none of them say I have updates, so I’m assuming the latest public beta versions.
[doublepost=1566659231][/doublepost]
I’m in the beta in all of them, and none of them say I have updates, so I’m assuming the latest public beta versions.
I even wiped my iPad last night to see if I could get my Apple Card on there. Nope. From iCloud it offered me Bank of America, square cash card, and Apple Cash.

GeekyGrannie

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015

This sounds like an iCloud problem. Did you try signing out of ALL your devices and then signing back in?

The number you are trying to add manually is a "virtual number" meant to be used for online or phone purchases but I don't think it is the actual number of your card.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
This sounds like an iCloud problem. Did you try signing out of ALL your devices and then signing back in?

The number you are trying to add manually is a "virtual number" meant to be used for online or phone purchases but I don't think it is the actual number of your card.
Interesting. I’m kinda scared to sign out of of iCloud phone in case my Apple Card disappears!

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
But iCloud is the cloud so your data is safe.
I use iCloud email as well as other cloud storage needs and have never had a problem.

Perhaps try turning on 2 factor authentication ???

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
Ok, so I just tried. Got Apple Card back on my phone with no problem. Still not available on iPad.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I don’t know how. I’ll investigate

The account you're using on the iPad is the same one you used on your iPhone and the Apple Card application?

I have two Apple ID's and had my iPad on my second one. Had to sign out and sign in with my first ID which the Apple Card is associated with to get the Apple Card( and the other credit cards I have put on for Apple Pay) to show up on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.