Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out an email to Apple Card owners, encouraging them to sign up a family member using the Apple Card Family feature.

apple-card-family-promo.jpg

New users who join an Apple Card holder's account by November 30, 2021 can receive $10 in Daily Cash after making their first purchase with Apple Card within 30 days of signing up.

Introduced earlier this year, Apple Card Family is designed to allow up to five family members to be added to an Apple Card user's account. Apple Card Family permits one co-owner, who is considered a joint card holder. The co-owner and the main Apple Card user can build credit together, manage the Apple Card account together, and share a combined credit limit.

Children and young adults over the age of 13 can also be added to Apple Card as participants, allowing them to use the Apple Card holder's credit to make purchases. Apple Card owners can set a spending limit for participants, allowing kids to learn about credit without overspending.

More about Apple Card Family is available on the Apple Card website, and new participants can be added on the iPhone by the account holder.

Article Link: Apple Card Promo Offers $10 Daily Cash for Adding New Family Members

basketcase86

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2021
Wish this card was available in OZ. The only Cashback option in roo-town is HSBC 2% on under $100 tap purchases. Not sure what the hold up is. Not the biggest fan of banking with Mexico drug dealers. (But for 2%.... )

miamialley

macrumors demi-god
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Oh, today I randomly clicked in the 'add a family member' or whatever and then got this email. I thought I'd been targeted, but I suppose not.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
So, in short.

1. Sign up kiddo for it.
2. Buy a pack of gum for a buck or less.
3. Get $10.
4. Cancel kiddo's access to the card?

🤔
This’ll also establish a credit history for your child if they don’t have one yet and keeping it around will lower their credit utilization even if they never end up using it. And you get 9 bucks and a pack of gum. Sounds like win-win to me.

SFjohn

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2016
Only Apple can get away with a lame, pathetic signup bonus. That tells a lot about this card's user base.

If Chase can give you $1k on $4k spend that currently worths $1.25k on Apple products, why'd anyone need this card?
What Chase card are you using where you get 25% off on whatever you spend money on?

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Awesome!

I’ll add both of my parents to my to my Apple Card tonight so that I can get this $10 bonus

I was going to do that anyway but it worked out better that I waited so that I can get this bonus!
I just love how you usually are the first to post on a lot of these articles and your replies are so upbeat/chipper lol. Idk what it is!

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
I just don't understand how a family member (e.g. an 18 year old without a job) can accumulate a credit rating if they're allowed to spend whatever on the card as a participant but they are completely not responsible for any of the payments. The only way a viable credit rating can be achieved is if their purchases and payments are separately tracked. What am I missing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.