Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bparzonz

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
Dont get the hate for Panera. Yeah its overpriced... but isn't this an apple forum?

Want a garbage burger at dirt cheap prices? Hell yeah, In and Out is a good game to play... but I don't get the enthusiasm. You know where else you can spend less money? McDonalds!

If you want a real burger youre spending at least 10 bucks a pop. BTW, Panera isn't supposed to compete with burger chains...

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Dont get the hate for Panera. Yeah its overpriced... but isn't this an apple forum?

Want a garbage burger at dirt cheap prices? Hell yeah, In and Out is a good game to play... but I don't get the enthusiasm. You know where else you can spend less money? McDonalds!

If you want a real burger youre spending at least 10 bucks a pop. BTW, Panera isn't supposed to compete with burger chains...
I don’t mind spending $10 on a sandwich, but I expect it to have flavor. Panera’s burgers taste like McDonald’s if they ran out of secret sauce. Panera is bland and boring. And it’s sad cause their menus look great.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I don’t mind spending $10 on a sandwich, but I expect it to have flavor. Panera’s burgers taste like McDonald’s if they ran out of secret sauce. Panera is bland and boring. And it’s sad cause their menus look great.

Many years ago, Panera was one of my favorite places to eat.

I stopped going to Panera after the portion size shrunk, the prices went up, and they changed to a so called healthy menu that was bland and boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4jasontv

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
I'm surprised to see so much hate for Panera. To each their own, but I stopped getting Burger King and McDonald's and start eating better. Sure, bread has carbs in it but it's fresh and baked on location and their prices aren't higher than Subway. For 10.58 I can get a full sandwich and a drink with chips. Their salads are overpriced, sure. But if you're focused on eating healthy there really aren't lots of drive thru/fast food options available.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I'm surprised to see so much hate for Panera. To each their own, but I stopped getting Burger King and McDonald's and start eating better. Sure, bread has carbs in it but it's fresh and baked on location and their prices aren't higher than Subway. For 10.58 I can get a full sandwich and a drink with chips. Their salads are overpriced, sure. But if you're focused on eating healthy there really aren't lots of drive thru/fast food options available.
i like Panera, but my wife and i went there on Monday night actually. It was almost $30 for 1 sandwich with chips, salad, and 2 drinks. We always split so we can try different things and the salad was a "full", which in reality was more like a half. Again, the food is good, but the portions are pretty bad compared to what they charge. You could go to a full sit down restaurant for cheaper with better size portions.

Reactions: SDJim

sw1tcher

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
Save an additional $4 with code 4OFFDEAL

paneracoupon.png

SDJim

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2017
San Diego, CA
you must be going to one that's struggling for business so the prices are low lol. Here in Dallas, TX no way it's that cheap. Not saying it's an expensive place, but it's not as cheap as people are making it out to be. McDonalds prices are more than what some of you people are posting.
I've never seen an In 'n' Out struggling for business, lol. The line is always around the building at any of the five near me (North San Diego). Perhaps there is a premium for out-of-state locations since they still ship their fresh ingredients from their sources to those locations (hence the heavy presence all along the 15)?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I've never seen an In 'n' Out struggling for business, lol. The line is always around the building at any of the five near me (North San Diego). Perhaps there is a premium for out-of-state locations since they still ship their fresh ingredients from their sources to those locations (hence the heavy presence all along the 15)?
that could be right. bc the prices you are saying, they would put mcdonalds out of business lol

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Given your comment criticized the taste of a nonexistent product, it's pretty obvious that I did focus on the important part. But hey, feel free to pretend otherwise.
You focused on the item not the taste. Their food is bad. They are the Applebee's of baked goods. They have about as much culture as Chili's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.