Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is offering $75 in Daily Cash to customers who open a new Apple Card through February, but they must open the account through a referral page at apple.co/referdailycash and make their first purchase within 30 days in order to qualify.

apple-card-1-iPhone-13.jpg

The $75 in Daily Cash is applied to the new Apple Card account's Apple Cash balance after the first transaction posts to the account, according to Apple.

Apple has run similar limited-time promotions several times in the past. For example, in September, Apple offered a higher $100 in Daily Cash to customers who opened a new Apple Card through the referral page at the time. This latest promotion began on November 30, 2022 and runs until February 28, 2023.

Apple previously announced that customers who sign up for an Apple Card between December 1 and December 25 are eligible for an increased 5% Daily Cash on Apple products purchased with the card between those dates at Apple Stores and on Apple.com.

Article Link: Apple Card Promo Offers $75 in Daily Cash to New Users

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
they don’t care lol. they see what the competition does and they just shrug.

curious to see how they’ll grow/elevate Apple Card though, if at all.
The $75 was enough to entice me. It's $75 I didn't have before. I like the convenience of Apple Card and how easy it is to manage but it doesn't have the high rewards of some of my other cards so I don't use it quite as much.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I wonder if when they gain more footing with this (and GS can competently handle their issues) if they will introduce a better version of this card, perhaps with an AF.

Oct 17, 2022
I wonder if when they gain more footing with this (and GS can competently handle their issues) if they will introduce a better version of this card, perhaps with an AF.
Not a chance. They already make a killing without offering even middle of the road benefits for a free card (average is 2.5% cash back on all purchases).

Tiny signup bonuses like this will attract even more folks and not require the same level of investment required to provide benefits for an annual fee card.

Dark_Omen

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2021
Not a chance. They already make a killing without offering even middle of the road benefits for a free card (average is 2.5% cash back on all purchases).

Tiny signup bonuses like this will attract even more folks and not require the same level of investment required to provide benefits for an annual fee card.
I'm interested in where you retrieved your statistics from?

The only 2.5% cash back card (on everything) with no AF I've heard of is the USAA Limitless... And it was available in select states, required a single direct deposit of $1,000 or more a month, and also no longer exists.

If you want 2.5%+ back in rewards on all purchases, one would have to get a Chase or AMEX and redeem for flight mileage.

IllinoisCorn

Suspended
Jan 15, 2021

The only 2.5% cash back card (on everything) with no AF I've heard of is the USAA Limitless... And it was available in select states, required a single direct deposit of $1,000 or more a month, and also no longer exists.

If you want 2.5%+ back in rewards on all purchases, one would have to get a Chase or AMEX and redeem for flight mileage.
What's "AF?"

Reactions: macinct

Bloake

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I’m looking to do this since I’m due for a new phone. Can I take advantage of the $75 and 5% daily cash if I open now and purchase a new phone with it? TIA

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001

Thank you for calling that out.

Maybe Capital One could do it and call it QuickestSilver or something.

Dark_Omen

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2021
Thank you for calling that out.

Maybe Capital One could do it and call it QuickestSilver or something.

I just did notice their 3% cash back during the first year offer, which is really nice - but that's essentially offering the same thing Discover does on their miles card.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
The $75 was enough to entice me. It's $75 I didn't have before. I like the convenience of Apple Card and how easy it is to manage but it doesn't have the high rewards of some of my other cards so I don't use it quite as much.
that’s awesome. my rule of thumb is… if you like it and it doesn’t hurt you physically, emotionally or fincianclly… just get it! lol

people love to say “why get Apple Card? there are a MILLION better cards out there!”

uhh because I like Apple, it’s convenient, integrates well into the ecosystem and is TITANIUM. that’s reason enough lol.

a nice addition.

Choco Taco

Suspended
Nov 23, 2022
The two year 0% financing on iPhones is why I got it. Then every year when the new iPhone is around the corner I sell the phone for most of what I originally paid, pay off the remaining balance, then do the two year 0% thing on the new iPhone. And it builds my credit and the limit goes up every time I do this. So ... yay.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The two year 0% financing on iPhones is why I got it. Then every year when the new iPhone is around the corner I sell the phone for most of what I originally paid, pay off the remaining balance, then do the two year 0% thing on the new iPhone. And it builds my credit and the limit goes up every time I do this. So ... yay.
That’s also a good reason. You avoid dealing with carrier financing that locks you in to them

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
wouldnt it be lovely to get this outside the US.

It was announced years ago.... along with apple pay cash.

Yet to launch elsewhere........

We still wait and its been years.

I find it so frustrating when apple introduce tentpole features that are only available in the US.

Reactions: palev and TechNutt

TechNutt

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
This seems smart to me, but I have a serious question. If you sell your phone prior to the new iPhone release, what do you use in the meantime? I feel I’m missing a step here lol

• Haha
Reactions: Choco Taco

Choco Taco

Suspended
Nov 23, 2022
This seems smart to me, but I have a serious question. If you sell your phone prior to the new iPhone release, what do you use in the meantime? I feel I’m missing a step here lol
I have a backup iPhone until the new one arrives. Every once in a while I will upgrade my back up phone to a newer used one from Swappa for like 150-200 bucks that lasts me another few years.

That’s also a good reason. You avoid dealing with carrier financing that locks you in to them
That's another reason. I hate being carrier locked and I hate all their financing plans. That and I enjoy the whole pre-order chaos around the new iPhone release.

Last edited:
Reactions: centauratlas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.