Apple Card Said to Gain OFX Export Option 'Within the Next Few Days'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card users will be able to export their transaction data in an OFX file format for use with third-party financial apps "within the next few days," a support representative said in an online chat with customer Jed Schmidt.

The exporting feature rolled out last month, but only with CSV file support. Apple said an OFX option would be available in the future. The option to export transactions shows up when a monthly statement is available, and the data can then be imported into budgeting apps like Quicken and Mint.

How to Export and Download Apple Card Transactions
  1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap on Apple Card.
  2. Tap on Card Balance.
  3. Under Statements, tap on the statement you want to export.
  4. Tap on Export Transactions, and then email, print, save, or share the file.
Apple launched its credit card in the United States in August. Key features include color-coded spending summaries in the Wallet app, no fees beyond any applicable interest, and up to three percent cashback on purchases paid out daily.

To apply for an ?Apple Card?, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital ?Apple Card? will be ready for purchases immediately. A physical titanium-based Apple Card is also available for use at retail stores that do not accept contactless payments.

Article Link: Apple Card Said to Gain OFX Export Option 'Within the Next Few Days'

ep2002

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I thought I noticed something strange yesterday when I went to see if I could download the .csv file from my statement and the option was unavailable:
98FBB54B-AA1A-4C8B-9B9A-8CC11F6071E0.jpeg

- - Post merged: - -

...and the .csv option is back again🤷🏻‍♂️
E76B367B-905C-4378-8600-3BF2319193A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jimthing

kylew1212

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I used my Apple Card exclusively the first few months after release, but this year I have begun trying to be more budget minded. Until AppleCard supports Direct Downloads via OFX I will be using other cards as my main CC.

Reactions: ajfahey and ep2002

ep2002

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I’m having the same issue as a Banktivity user. I’ve been holding off on using the  Card as my main card due to a lack of good exporting options.

MattPackwood

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2020
I use Mint (which I do not believe allows imports) any good software that does support OFX?

Marco0107

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2017
Atlanta, GA
OFX files are so 1990’s. Most modern financial apps talk directly to card issuers and other banks.

Personally, this is not useful unless I can add the Apple Card account my Mint and USAA accounts.

jimthing

macrumors 65832
Apr 6, 2011
London, UK (Europe, Earth, Space)
OFX files are so 1990’s. Most modern financial apps talk directly to card issuers and other banks.

Personally, this is not useful unless I can add the Apple Card account my Mint and USAA accounts.
THIS, absolutely.

I wish we had a 'Mint' type thing here in the UK! We have this new 'open banking' standard, so surely there must be something by now offering direct downloads??

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
My understanding is those apps talk to one of only a few aggregation services, who buy data from banks and sell it to the app developer.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
The OFX feature is out. However, I can't seem to import it into Quicken. The logs say "OFX parsing failed Missing bid data"

Reactions: jimthing
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.