Apple Card & Two Apple IDs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by HylianKnight, Aug 14, 2019.

1. HylianKnight macrumors regular

I’m trying to change my default payment for iCloud storage and iTunes/AppStore/music subscription. Unfortunately, I’m one of those people who ended up with two Apple ids back in the day, one for iCloud and another for iTunes. Initially, Apple Card was found in the wallet app on the payment info screens of both accounts (iCloud and iTunes). I added Apple Card to my iTunes account as default payment, but when I went back to try and change my iCloud payment to Apple Card, it is no longer seen in the wallet app. Is this a bug, or a limitation of Apple Card? God I so wish Apple would just let us merge accounts already ffs. Any advice to get the card onto both accounts as payment?

2. Janschi macrumors member

start using your iCloud ID for everything and use Family Sharing to share the iTunes ID purchases with the iCloud ID

3. steffi macrumors 6502a

That isn't very practical if you want access to all prior purchases is it?

4. HylianKnight thread starter macrumors regular

I have years of purchases with my original Apple ID on iTunes and App Store before iCloud rolled out. It was then that many of us ended up with a second Apple ID.

5. rmg007 macrumors member

That works. I am in the same situation as you.

6. HylianKnight thread starter macrumors regular

Quick screen cap. Before adding Apple Card to my iTunes account, it showed here in iCloud payment too under “FOUND IN WALLET”. As you can see, it no longer shows. I think I could just put in the card details manually, but that isn’t the point. I hope this is a bug and not a limitation of the card.

38E36CFD-4596-4629-8718-007A2B412C11.jpeg

7. steffi macrumors 6502a

In general it doesn’t matter which Apple ID you use.

To get the cash back benefit you simply use the card as your source of Payment for theses services.

8. HylianKnight thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, this I am aware. I think you may be missing the point here though. I have two iCloud accounts.
    Account 1 has been used since the iPhone 3g to purchase apps, music, movies.

Account 2 was created later (which many did thanks to how Apple implemented it) and is now used for iCloud services such as storage.

C03858C2-278A-4159-884C-6FCC9EE2CE79.jpeg

iTunes App Store account is different account

EA3F15AD-E4A9-47A5-A5BC-D7CB6F44156C.jpeg

Now if you go and look at payment and shipping in either of these two accounts BEFORE Apple Card IS added to one, it will be shown under “FOUND IN WALLET”. Once Apple Card is added to one of these accounts then it will no longer be shown under “FOUND IN WALLET” for the other account. Now I suppose I could add the card manually, but this goes against the ease of use Apple Card is meant to offer.

9. thebrick macrumors regular

thebrick

Have you try to use numbers provided in Wallet App and put it in as a credit card?

10. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

If you do that if it will even add that card it will at most be like any other. You won’t see the details or be able to make payments.

11. HylianKnight thread starter macrumors regular

He’s saying to input the payment details of the Apple Card into the payment method for iCloud storage. I would still be able to make payments on the card and see it in wallet as this would not affect the card being in the wallet app.

No, I haven’t yet tried putting in the credit card info. I don’t really want to do it like that as it should just be able to be seen under FOUND IN WALLET. I’m leaning toward this being a bug, along with the fact that I can actually add any form of payment found in wallet to iCloud.

12. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

Sorry I see what your saying. Ya it does list the card being supported in the App Store and iTunes so you think it would recognize the digital version saved on the phone.